BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  This Site  Hop To Forums  This Site    getting rid of glycerine

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

getting rid of glycerine
 Login/Join

posted
salutations to the ayatolla of canola. has been a while since i visited. what a great web-site. that montrose water-washed rusted out my tank, fuel lines, and injection pump in my uber-rare factory built 85 jeep 2.1L turbodiesel (think nylon; think stainless steel, there are technical solutions)and then the rubber bits went south too. but it ran great and smelled fine! since the shell station quit selling it, and nick c. moved to the brighter world of NYC, telluride has been a biodiesel wasteland (even our friends over in dove creek are now focusing on salad oil, not mo-juice). alex and anthony still batch some up, there on hastings.

the glycerine thing is a "gift" that really hurts. we ended up with something like 125 drums of the stuff and got cited by the fire department. no grease recycler would touch it. a really positive thread would be to discuss what to do with glycerine.

we are probably coming off the high mountain permanently; water does not flow downhill, it flows towards $$$$$$. but, alas, i think siddhartha used serenity and surrender in the same sentence; detachment!

big love to all!

E

xxx

Location: telluride co | Registered: February 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post