BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  This Site  Hop To Forums  This Site    market rates?

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

market rates?
 Login/Join

posted
Perhaps in a sidebar you can put a graph of oil prices, like the ones that are commonly available as simple JS code, and look something like:

... the JS version is more interactive.

While you are at it, soy, methanol, even catalysts have market rates. These would have to be done manually from time to time.

I don't think there are JS scripts for updating your site with the current market price of soy oil.

Methanol market prices can come from sample reports, but I think they are only updated quarterly.
(sample)

Anyway, none of this sounds so great. I just noticed no one was contributing to this topic, so i thought I would take a shot.

(edit: turns out I needed to go into the sub-topic to see a handful of other suggestions)

More useful, probably, would be news links on the home page or something. Respectfully, the home page is a bit hurting.

Either way, it requires annoying maintenance (aside from the JS oil-price chart), so i can see the why the admins would not want these things.

posted Hide Post
No distracting 'sidebars' or other annoying 'entertainment'. I know where to look if I want that information.

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by john galt:
No distracting 'sidebars' or other annoying 'entertainment'. I know where to look if I want that information.

OK, I see your point. Perhaps some people would find a chart too distracting or entertaining.

Just saying (respectfully): The home page could use some love, IMVHO.

posted Hide Post
quote:

I've got no problem with adding 'stuff' to the home page, I never see it. I just don't want annoying sidebars or other distractions on the forum pages.

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by john galt:
quote:

I've got no problem with adding 'stuff' to the home page, I never see it. I just don't want annoying sidebars or other distractions on the forum pages.

I was unclear. My bad. This site, from what I've seen, seems to have two parts: The Forum (99% of it), and the homepage, which is essentially a portal to that forum.

I'm not talking about messing with the forum. I'm specifically talking about the homepage.

It already has a sidebar. I'm just asking if anything should be in the sidebar beyond what is there currently.