BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  This Site  Hop To Forums  This Site    Who runs biodieselnow.com?

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who runs biodieselnow.com?
 Login/Join

posted
I occasionally find links that point me to biodieselnow.com and their site is TERRIBLE. Tons of spammy ads, horrible organization (nested sub-forums, no post count on a per forum basis, etc). There is no "About Us" page and it seems half the posts are about algae. I'm not sure how they wind up so high on the search engines rankings, but I am wondering who owns or runs the site. Even doing a whois lookup says it's private.

They do have some good content over there, but not enough to spend much time digging through the trash to find it.

Jason Burroughs
DieselGreen Fuels
www.dieselgreenfuels.com
512-873-4882

Location: Austin, TX | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lots of trolls, too. Actually some are the same person with 2 log-in names. 'They' will disagree with each other on most things but agree on any one other thing, that thing being the agenda promoted. A very clever use of the Hegelian Dialectic. Powerful psych warfare.

The proof? My observations over time.

Location: Green Bay, WI | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually, the guy that runs it is really nice. His handle is Natescape.

There is very little homebrew discussion.

Some folks with lots of technical info on energy balance and keeping tabs on things like what progress is actually happening in algae to fuel separate from the hype/PR from firms who want investors. They get a bit harsh in the way the present the info though...

Andrew

http://biodieselcommunity.org
03 Dodge 2500 B100 homebrew
79 Rabbit B100 homebrew

Location: Northern California | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clean and green:
Lots of trolls, too. Actually some are the same person with 2 log-in names. 'They' will disagree with each other on most things but agree on any one other thing, that thing being the agenda promoted. A very clever use of the Hegelian Dialectic. Powerful psych warfare.

The proof? My observations over time.
You mean like here?

Location: Colorado | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We all have our suspicions I suppose.

News and Views www.dailypaul.com

Location: Green Bay, WI | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's a second owner now and they've been revamping the site. It's MUCH faster than it was. I'm sure they're open to suggestions if you have constructive input.

I enjoyed the regional forum there until site activity slowed. I've never really found a replacement to connect with others from my area, so I'm hoping they can revive that section of the forums.

Oh, and BTW, there is a way to deactive the nested threading (or at least, there were options).

"Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind."

George Orwell

posted Hide Post
thanks for the replies. they really should have an About Us page to give contact info for the site's administrators, and a mission statement of some kind.

about nested threading, i was referring to sub-forums. there are so many sub-forums, it's hard to know where to post. a good number of posts do not neatly fit into one simple category.

Jason Burroughs
DieselGreen Fuels
www.dieselgreenfuels.com
512-873-4882

Location: Austin, TX | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post