BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  This Site  Hop To Forums  This Site    Response Time
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Response Time
 Login/Join

posted
Has anyone else noticed that occasionally this site becomes extremely slow to respond? My computer on Firefox3 spends a lot of time "waiting for biodiesel infopop". This does not occur on any other websites.
Is it a transmission problem or has this site become overloaded? Would deleting old messages help?

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2013 Sponsor
posted Hide Post
At certain times of the day, that slowness turns into timeouts for me. Same for ie adn firefox.

Location: Cowboy Country | Registered: December 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same problem for me, on a T1 (>1 megabit) connection.

YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary, see www.burnveg.com/forum
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4
Zero fossil house- 100% solar power and heat.

Location: N. Colorado | Registered: August 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I noticed earlier today that the site was having some issues. Took a few tries to get around.

Location: Nampa, ID | Registered: November 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happens to me virtually every time I use the site. But I have noticed that it seems worst at the start of a session, then speeds up as it goes along.

dva

Location: Yorks,England | Registered: June 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The current Infopop bug with Firefox3 is that this site never stops loading after showing the page one linked to. It's always "Waiting for biodiesel.infopop.cc..." in the status bar.
No other sites are affected abnormally in any way, just this one.

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Yes, I've noticed that sometimes this site can be EXTREMELY slow, almost frozen.

posted Hide Post
Strangely enough I have never problems with that.
The site just loads steadily and fast at more or less the same rate every time.
There's no Java-stuff running, but a thread with big pictures could be slow to load.
But I don't think that's what you are referring to.
If this site were on an overstretched server, I would have the problem as well.
I also use FireFox by the way, but I did a test on IE7 and no problems there as well.

Location: Ireland | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The slowdown is significant and inconsistent. Sometimes it loads fast sometimes it times out. There does not seem to be any pattern in terms of time of day.

posted Hide Post
Like he says, it seems off and on to me. Could it be adds using up bandwidth?

Andrew

http://biodieselcommunity.org
03 Dodge 2500 B100 homebrew
79 Rabbit B100 homebrew

Location: Northern California | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I experience the slowdown at times too. Infopop told me that it may be caused by the large number of stored posts. I'm looking at creating an archive separate from the forums, but that will take awhile to get done.

16 B100 vehicles
13 Bio-Beetle Rentals
Bio-Beetle Eco Rental Cars
3 Recycling trucks
Maui Recycling Service

Now offering the Nissan Leaf all electric car and the Chevy Volt Plugin hybrid electric car.
EV Car Rentals
Forum members get a 10% discount

Location: Maui, Hawaii | Registered: June 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there any way for an individual to block delete messages earlier than a specified date?

I would gladly delete a bunch of old obsolete messages if wasn't such a tedious one-at-a-time process.

posted Hide Post
I'm sorry, I think they're wrong- I'm pretty sure this problem JUSt started in the last month or even in the past week, unless we just got over a magic number of posts that causes their servers to choke, it doesn't make sense that it would be something due to archive volume.

Location: Pittsboro, North Carolina | Registered: March 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by girl mark:
I'm sorry, I think they're wrong- I'm pretty sure this problem JUSt started in the last month or even in the past week, unless we just got over a magic number of posts that causes their servers to choke, it doesn't make sense that it would be something due to archive volume.

That's what I told them, and I'm waiting for their latest reply, should have it today. I also find it hard to believe it's the google ads, they've been up since February and this problem only started within the past 2 weeks or so. And we're not even using half of our bandwidth or disk space.

16 B100 vehicles
13 Bio-Beetle Rentals
3 Recycling trucks
Maui Recycling Service

Now offering the Nissan Leaf all electric car and the Chevy Volt Plugin hybrid electric car.
EV Car Rentals

Location: Maui, Hawaii | Registered: June 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by john galt:
Is there any way for an individual to block delete messages earlier than a specified date?

I would gladly delete a bunch of old obsolete messages if wasn't such a tedious one-at-a-time process.

No, that's a moderator job. Give me a date and I will delete all your messages before that date.

16 B100 vehicles
13 Bio-Beetle Rentals
3 Recycling trucks
Maui Recycling Service

EV Car Rentals

posted Hide Post
FWIW the response time today was normal till about 19:45 GMT when it timed out before connecting.
It went back to normal about 10 minutes later.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by john galt:
FWIW the response time today was normal till about 19:45 GMT when it timed out before connecting.
It went back to normal about 10 minutes later.

Thanks John, I passed it along.

16 B100 vehicles
13 Bio-Beetle Rentals
3 Recycling trucks
Maui Recycling Service

EV Car Rentals

posted Hide Post
Three times today the site appeared to be locked into 'waiting for infopop...etc.

Each time I had to jump out of the site.

It's getting worst.

dva

Location: Yorks,England | Registered: June 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I regularly seem to get very poor performance between about 1:00 AM and 2:00 AM CST.
(about 2:00AM to 3:00AM EST).

Sometimes I just get tired of waiting and shut down the machine, so I don't know exactly how long the problems persist.

This could certainly affect some international users, probably before noon for Europe.

Location: Oregon | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
keelec, thanks for the info, I passed it along.

Infopop has made this request:
quote:
Do you have other reports of this? I'd like to have more for us to check.

Be as time specific as you can. Thanks,

Shaun