BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  This Site  Hop To Forums  This Site    Potez Phoenix Model 835

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Potez Phoenix Model 835
 Login/Join

posted
My dad asked me to post this cos he doesn't have internet............

My heater (Potez Phoenix model 835) has been burning well for 40 years, during which the glass needed cleaning about once a month. I've carried out regular de-coking to the oil burning pan bi-annually. Recently the glass is sooting badly requiring cleaning every 3 - 4 days. Blue "spurt" flames at bottom still show but more yellow flame than before. I suspect lack of oxygen but the instructions say NOT TO touch the air regulator......HELP???!

Question:
Is there a relatively easy solution?

Do I have to do anything to the air regulator?

Choices:
Yes
No

Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
if it's burning dirty you have some choices, decrease the oil flow; increase the air flow maybe a bit of both, for sure check the chimney draft if it may be clogged with soot or ash

" I don't know what I don't know until I know"
1994 GMC 6.5 Tubo 2005 Dodge ram 3500, 3 VW's 2000, 2002, 2005.

Location: Manitoba Canada | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post