BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  This Site  Hop To Forums  This Site    The Irish connection

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Irish connection
 Login/Join

posted
The biodiesel scene in Ireland has never been busier. The economic down turn, rising fuel prices and higher unemployment has encouraged people to think outside the box that big oil likes us all to stay within.
The discussion " biodiesel in Ireland" now extends to 40 pages and has become a bit unwieldy.
The Irish discussions are all to be found under the heading " more connections" with the result that newbies sometimes cant find them.
Would it be possible to give Ireland a heading under " connections" along with Australia, Canada UK and USA? I realize we are small but we are very active and enthusiastic.

Location: Lismore Ireland | Registered: November 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i secound that motion Cool

If it’s not broken don’t fix it if you do you’ll break it.

The black dog can be beaten

Location: peoples republic of cork ireland | Registered: November 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, Imake's idea is a good one. Perhaps the Irish users should use the Irish connection for region specific areas, (like sourcing materials etc), and research other areas for other information? Just a thought.

2001 Citroen Xsara
2002 VW T4 Transporter
on B100

Location: Clare, Ireland | Registered: December 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes Ireland should be have it's own heading beside Australia, Canada UK and USA and not just be under "other connections" as it is tricky to find.

I found the page by pure chance and would have been lost without it.

The "Biodiesel in Ireland" page is fantastic source of Biodiesel knowledge for beginner and advance alike.

It's a shame that it's hidden away under "more connections"and it's knowledge is not read by more people that need it.
By giving Ireland it's own heading it would be easier for people to find and in turn help not only Irish people but people across the world.

Location: County down, Northern Ireland | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, a more direct route for site visitors to discussions regarding BD and related topics in Ireland.

Location: Meath | Registered: November 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dont want to pick on our Australian members but the Australian section in "Biodiesel Connections " has only 5 topics and has had only one post in the last 2 years. The "Biodiesel in Ireland" topic averages a couple of posts every day. Surely it would make sense to move it and the other Irish topics to the "Connections " page.

Location: Lismore Ireland | Registered: November 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Hi All,
I would find it handy if there was an Irish section setup also.
Thanks & Regards
Eddie

Location: Cork | Registered: October 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am finding it near impossible to find suppliers for wvo in or around Galway, I have offered many restaurants/chippers/cafes a regular collection of their waste oil in neat buckets with lids only to be told that their waste oil is collected by their suppliers (Frylite and others) and that they, therefore, could not accept my offers. DAMN. Anybody any ideas?

Location: Galway | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
oops sorry all, I posted my last message (above) on the wrong thread

Location: Galway | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I second this one.

Dj

Location: Roscommon, Ireland | Registered: February 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
done.

Ireland Biodiesel

If any other threads need to be moved let me know by providing a link to the thread.

Shaun

16 B100 vehicles
13 Bio-Beetle Rentals
Bio-Beetle Eco Rental Cars
3 Recycling trucks
Maui Recycling Service

Now offering the Nissan Leaf all electric car and the Chevy Volt Plugin hybrid electric car.
EV Car Rentals
Forum members get a 10% discount

Location: Maui, Hawaii | Registered: June 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post