BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Methanol Recovery    Homebiodieselkits Methanol Recovery unit. Anyone seen it yet?

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Homebiodieselkits Methanol Recovery unit. Anyone seen it yet?
 Login/Join

posted
So I was poking around on their website & saw this:
http://www.homebiodieselkits.com/mrmeresy.html

Now I'm really curious what it is....interestingly they don't show any pictures.

Anyone know what they're offering?
-Graydon

Utah Biodiesel Supply - Biodiesel Supplies, Parts, Kits, Tutorials, Decals & More
Utah Biodiesel Supply Blog - Tutorials, Articles, Pictures, & New Products!
Free Biodiesel Tutorial Videos - Learn to make Biodiesel through videos!
Utah Biodiesel Facebook Page - Stay up to date on all things Biodiesel!

Location: Utah | Registered: October 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Graydon,

I'm guessing it's a glorified water heater with a plumber's friend condensor attached.

Not many will part with $3k, sight unseen - unless it's a can't refuse offer from Nigeria... Smile

Regards,
Keith

"The government is not best which secures mere life and property--there is a more valuable thing--manhood."
- Mark Twain's Notebook

2004 GMC Duramax 6.6 LLY now on B100 "Applejuice"

Location: Whiteville, NC | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For about $1500 dollars you can build your own methanol recovery and purification system. I've looked at two companies that make the required equipment, both use quality fittings and are stainless steel. I'm working with a group right now that is testing the equipment. They tend to be a little slow so we'll see how long it takes to get data.

Location: CO, CA, KS, or FL | Registered: January 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can always buy a solvent recovery unit and just 'recover' the methanol.

-Jim

www dot FryerPower dot com
1987 300DT (The sedan, not the wagon.) Some modifications to the fuel system.
1995 S350D Unmodified fuel system.
I plead the 5th.

Location: Middle Tennessee, Jack Daniel's country | Registered: August 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Eek Eek There's a reason it's sight unseen, it's in deamland. Frown

Only my opinion(of course). But if you really want a recovery unit and send me 2 grand for each unit(Cdn even) I'll build you a recovery unit complete with condenser and ship it all for the same price, as long as you are not more than 40 kilometers from me. Further than that shipping costs are extra. Razz

And I guarentee it will take longer than 90 days to recover your costs. Wink

Of course I will accept no responsibility if you are stupid enough to leave a methanol recovery still "unattended" for any length of time longer than taking a wizz. And even then I will take no responsibility for you being stupid period. Roll Eyes

-sorry, I couldn't leave it alone-

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey graydon i was talking to them before they published it on their site and they said it would be affordable, uh? and also it would be made of cast, not stainless to expensive. i made the mistake of buying one of their plastic proccessors, but wont make another mistake.

Location: southwest chicago,IL | Registered: September 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post