BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Methanol Recovery    whole batch demething in appleseed?

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

whole batch demething in appleseed?
 Login/Join

posted
Is Any one trying this? I'm very interested in the idea.I'm using an appleseed with KOH for reaction.I'm planning an upgrade to my system and this could greatly affect my decisions.
Any input would help!

Location: la gloria | Registered: October 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My main goal is to demeth the biodiesel before wood chip dry wash.I also need
a way to demeth glycerin byproduct but that can be done with a still later.

Location: la gloria | Registered: October 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had a thought or two along those lines...If you didn't take out the swirl tube on the cold water inlet(when it still was considered a h2o heater), that might be the way to reverse the flow direction and get good mixing of the bottom.

Location: Santa Cruz, Ca | Registered: July 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been using an upside down water heater for a few years now doing push/pulls or WBD's with great success.
Here are some pics of it HERE

Cheers,
Jon

Location: Wellington County, Ontario Canada | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would wonder about the temp limits on the where you plan to drain
the demethed liquid? for me this is around 200F..above the temps of most plastics..

are you processing the KOH or NaOH??? can you deal with solid gylcerin? or VERY thick glycerin..
it'll be thick after it cools..regardless of caustic..ones just thicker than the other

sorry about the edit.
but can your pumps handle the temps needed to demeth? think 200F+

-dkenny

'84 bluebird school bus, DD8.2L turbo( 4/2011, the bus tranny has died..Frown 8.23.11 bus driven to scrap yard Frown )
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Smile - the wife's
99 dodge 2500 5.9l 24v..-mine Smile
everything run B100 when its warm enough Smile

Location: RTP, North Carolina | Registered: December 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post