BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Methanol Recovery    venturi

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

venturi
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,
Can please somebody direct me to discussions about VENTURI-HOW IT WORKS?
THX

Location: ljubljana | Registered: August 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
venturi

I need to buy a vacuum pump to evacuate my AC for a full rebuild..

I saw this and wondered if anyone had any opinions about it. It's cheap enough I might just gamble anyway...

I have a good air compressor already.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Trade Show Exhibits | Human Factors | Family Dentistry Raleigh

This message has been edited. Last edited by: josephmethew,

posted Hide Post
Someone can probably explain a venturi better than me but this is it. The Bernoulli principal is the foundation of the function of a venturi.

In a venturi, the fluid is flowing through a pipe which then decreases in diameter gradually then increases back quickly. At a point in the flow just after the fluid is compressed through a smaller diameter orifice, a small pipe can be tapped into the device. At this point in the pipe, there is a vacuum created. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernoulli%27s_principle

Jamesrl, a contributor on this forum made mine. It works great. No moving parts. Reliable. Safe to handle dangerous vapors.

Graham Laming has a great commentary on this subject.

http://www.graham-laming.com/b...rough_dimensions.gif

Hope that helps.

Location: Little Elm, TX | Registered: December 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post