BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Methanol Recovery    Just an idea

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just an idea
 Login/Join

posted
people running their cars on wvo use an average of 16 fphe and I was wondering if this would be a good/effective device to demeth instead of a coil?

Location: Montreal | Registered: August 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Assuming you are using a water/liquid coolant, it would probably make an excellent condenser. There are "Heater" FPHEs on E-Bay that might be a little bigger.

The issue I'm pondering....

You want the condenser to have gas coming in the top, and liquid coming out the bottom (I think). I've got a FPHE that has a top & bottom tube. However, many have all 4 tubes coming out the same side.

I doubt you want the tube from the boiler traveling upward into the FPHE. So, if you lay the thing on the side, it may or may not be as effective.

Anybody have a diagram of the internal architecture & flow patterns in the typical FPHE?

Oh... with a curved wire test... it seems as if most of the pipes go the full depth of the FPHE, but have an opening between every other plate (I think).

So you wouldn't necessarily get pooling. But, you may have a straighter path through the FPHE than originally assumed.

Location: Oregon | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i have a 16, 24, 30 fphe's that all have 4 (1/2" - 3/4") ports.

all 4 port face in the same direction so plumbing will be pretty straight forward.

I kind of like this idea because its small and placed in a 5G bucket (insulated) and full of ice and the ice can probably last a while and even when it liquifies a small pump can be used to circulate the cold water through the fphe.

Jetta 2002 ; 6 hole nozzles, chip, yellow koni, gli springs, neuspeed RR sway bar, skid plate, SS brakes, TT shifter, TT bushings, GTi FR brakes
Jetta 2006 chipped, Bilstein Sport, Neuspeed Sport Springs, Neuspeed endlinks, DG SS, Evolution skid plate, Eibach RSB, B100

ImagePolarisHeatExchanger.jpg (17 Kb, 17 downloads) heat exchanger

Location: Montreal | Registered: August 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post