BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Methanol Recovery    Methanol Recovery before glycerol separation

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Methanol Recovery before glycerol separation
 Login/Join

posted
I produce around 300 gallon a day and I am building a stainless steal tank to let the biodiesel and glycerol to separate during the night. While they are been separated I want to heat them up to 70 celsius to evaporate the methanol and have a recovery system on the exhaust pipe.

Is this recommended or it is best is we separate the glycerol first and then recover the methanol form the biodiesel and then from the glycerol?.

After the biodiesel separation I am planning on dry washing it.

Please any input would be appreciated.

Location: San Luis Potosi | Registered: November 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out whole-batch demeth, the Brits are keen on it. No need to separate glycerol and BD before demething.

Location: New Zealand | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a school of thought this side the pond that whole batch demeth, MAY add to the formation of the dreaded HMPE`s, but its yet to be proven..

Location: Derbyshire UK | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post