BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Methanol Recovery    Methanol and water.

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Methanol and water.
 Login/Join

posted
I dump methanol from acid into glycerin, neutralize, and recover. I also recover methanol from biodiesel. At what point do you not use the reclaimed methanol. Also if methylate is used, and you have less than 500 ppm oil, can you re-use all of the methanol you recover from biodiesel and glycerin be used without worries?

posted Hide Post
hi david ,i want to start recovering methonol from my glycerin and i'v been reading some about it but most of the threads are pretty involved(more complicated than i can understand).I have a metal barrel with 2 electric elements that i will run at half power ,and i will condense the meth thru 3/8 plastic pipe in an old fridge/freezer with the containment vessel in the bottom fridge part.also i was thinking about bubling air from a compresor to stir and push the vapor out of the barrel but i live on the coast where it is humid,so i was hoping an airdryer would take care of the moisture but maybe this wouldn't be the best idea.any sudgestions before i start?
just wanted to ask some one before i started (i'v built alot of stuff that didn't work Big Grin)

posted Hide Post
by the way i'm want the methonol to reuse and dont care so much about the glycerin