BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Methanol Recovery    40 gallon recovery tank and recirculating pump?

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

40 gallon recovery tank and recirculating pump?
 Login/Join

posted
I am using a 40 gal hot water heater to recover the methanol. Only one element in use. (lower one)
Tank is about 4 feet tall and element sits about one foot from the bottom. So when the glyserine on top is hot the glyserine below the element is not hot enough to relese the methonal.
So would it help to put a pump in circulate the cold glys on bottom up to the top and heat all the glyserine equal?

has anyone tryed this?

Tell me again....Why do I have FOUR jobs??????

posted Hide Post
http://www.make-biodiesel.org/...y-from-glycerin.html

Some people drain and demeth the glycerin while others demeth the entire batch. I am considering doing whole batch demething (WBD). Some neutralizer the whole batch before demething while others do not. I have heard only good results with neutralizing the entire batch with out any reverse reaction. Some of the benefit of WBD are more methanol recovered, you can circulate the batch while heating, the glycerin and soap drop out of suspension very fast. From here people dry wash through hard wood chips in a drum and eliminate all traces of soap.

Location: Chicopee, MA | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post