BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Methanol Recovery    Zeolite
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zeolite
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I process oil that typically titrates at 2.5. That means I dissolve 1132 grams of NaOH into my methanol. By your numbers that means I release 510 grams of water into the methoxide. It would take 2.5 Kg of Zeolite to pull this 1/2 liter of water out of my methoxide.

Clearly I have been making good fuel for 3 years without doing this, but shouldn't the reduction of water mean that I produce less soap also?

-Jim

www dot FryerPower dot com
1987 300DT (The sedan, not the wagon.) Some modifications to the fuel system.
1995 S350D Unmodified fuel system.
I plead the 5th.

Location: Middle Tennessee, Jack Daniel's country | Registered: August 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello form Greece,
My name is Fotios,
At next days I will try to dry washing my biodiesel with zeolite. Do you have any suggestions about it?
I can't found any eco2pure-similar product in my country and the zeolite here it is very cheap.
Do you think that my biodiesel will be good after zeolite filtering? Or maybe try and water washing before?

Thanks