BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Methanol Recovery    Wiring a PID controller

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wiring a PID controller
 Login/Join

posted
I have searched on this but I seem to be drawing a blank or maybe I just have brain lock on it.I want to run something other than the thermostat on a hot water heater to distill my methanol from the glycerin,now what do I need and how do you wire it up?PID,SSR,no clues but I would like a more reliable temp control so I can optimize the distillation of the methanol.If anybody has a wiring diagram I would appreciate it on this subject and I will use 110V for the heat source and a 5500 watt heating element.Been using just a thermostat on the tank but its turned up full and it runs at about 160 at the head.Thanks

posted Hide Post

Location: Wellington County, Ontario Canada | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jon,a great big Thanks for this,now it makes sense!

posted Hide Post
No problem, happy to have helped!
Cheers,
Jon

Location: Wellington County, Ontario Canada | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post