BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Methanol Recovery    Plumber's Delight Condenser

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Plumber's Delight Condenser
 Login/Join

posted
Hello,

I am under the impression that the plans on the GL site for the Plumbers Delight condenser are for a appleseed size tank. Is this right?

Is there any reason why my 200gal air compressor reator wouldn't use the same size PD using the same specs as given on his website? Or does it need to be longer/wider because of my different reator size?

I've never set one up and really don't know much. Thanks for any help.

posted Hide Post
Should work fine for any sized tank, provided you can control the heat input to the tank in the event you are overwhelming the condenser (gas is coming out the output instead of just liquid).

If you have a tank system that is capable of providing enough heat to overwhelm the PB as described, and want to be able to recover at the fastest rate you are capable of, you may want a larger condenser (longer, not bigger around), otherwise, just turn the heat down some at the beginning, then keep turning it up little by little as the flow out of the condenser slows down.

Location: Southern WI, USA | Registered: May 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK. So really you can't over size one. It could be undersized and the draw back would be gas and liquid in the methanol collections bin. Dies that seem right? I have had someone else tell me it is 1ft for every 1kw of heat. What is hard to determine in my situation is the heat KW going in exactly because I incorporate solar heat by a heat coil circulating the tank. My thoughts are to just over size the PD....what do you think?

200 gal tank, 4500watt element and solar coil. No thermostat.

posted Hide Post
I threw a comment on your other thread.

Location: Southern WI, USA | Registered: May 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your input. I wasn't sure where to post it to get the right exposure for this topic. I'll join you (and others) over there.

goldenisles