BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Methanol Recovery    Quantity Methanol recovered in BD

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quantity Methanol recovered in BD
 Login/Join

posted
I was wondering how much methanol you guys are recovering from your BD(only - no glycerin) before transfer to the settling tank to let the soap drop? I'm trying to get a feel for how much of the excess methanol is in the BD vs the glycerin.

Please state how much methanol you use to process(%), the purity of the recovered methanol,the quantity of methanol recovered, and the amount of BD it's recovered from.

Location: Santa Cruz, Ca | Registered: July 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About 5 to 6 liters for a 40 gallon batch. I use 22% to process and usually recover at about 96% purity. Mine has been pretty consistent for the last few years. I get much more from the glycerin later.

Tony

2002 Ford Excursion 7.3l
1983 Mercedes 300D
GL processor
You're not finished when you lose,
You're finished when you quit.

Location: Tampa, Fl | Registered: April 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post