BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Methanol Recovery    Recovery imidiately after reaction complete?

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recovery imidiately after reaction complete?
 Login/Join

posted
Can you do a recovery on bio/gly mix imidiatly after the reaction is complete?

I was thinking when the reaction is complete to put a vacume on the already hot mix and bubble a little air through it. Will this work?

Location: Langley, BC | Registered: June 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes but you risk a back reaction if you dont neutralize the remaining caustic with acid. Look in the equipment section at the GL push/pull thread for some in depth reading on the subject...
Jon

Location: Wellington County, Ontario Canada | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
See here, it's been done:

http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/ev...=143101721#143101721

There are skeptics who are convinced it reverses the reaction, but I've tried it and I'm happy with the results. I wouldn't use the fuel for anything electronic/common rail, but it does save time and energy.