BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Methanol Recovery    220 volt element ??

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

220 volt element ??
 Login/Join

posted
I am using a hot water heater to recover my methanol. The unit is 220 volt, with the thermistat removed and a more accuarte one installed that I can turn up gradually.
However most all I have read shows using 110 volt heaters after reaching about 140-150 degrees.
Am I missing something?? In danger?? Is there a downside to using the 220 element??

Tell me again....Why do I have FOUR jobs??????

posted Hide Post
Some people say that using 220 on the element will char the oil to the element and will cause premature failure of the element.

If you are using the element only in bio I wouldnt think you would have any problems using 220.

I dont claim to be an expert.

posted Hide Post
Thanks! I blew the first element before the first batch was hot. But after replaceing with a heavy duty element have had no trouble. Have demethed several hundred gallon.

Tell me again....Why do I have FOUR jobs??????