BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Methanol Recovery    How to inject air for recovery

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to inject air for recovery
 Login/Join

posted
How are you guys doing it? I tried opening the valve that suck the methoxide in, hoping it would draw air. Normally the carboy will suck out as fast as I want it to when it sits on the ground. But, when I opend the valve to suck air in, all it did was gurgle and a little bit of gly came out.
Plumb in a small barb that can accept the tube from an aquarium pump or what?
I tried elements on 220, but burned em up. redesigning my pipework to larger diameter would require a complete rework of the system.
What say ye?

posted Hide Post
just an update:
I rigged my compressor, put a q connect on the end of a clear vinyl tube, clamped that tube to an existing valve, and am pushing 5 psi to drive out the vapors. It is a balancing act to keep the pressure low enough so as to not drive the vapors quicker than they can be condensed.

posted Hide Post
I have a new processer that had two elements top and bottom... I flipped it over and the now top where the inspection cap is I have fabbed a 2" pipe work for the meth to move through and down to 1/2" copper pipe.... Air is introduced via copper tubing that goes in via the now top element down to the bottom of the processor where when recovering it bubbles through the bio... NB: the gycerol is in my second still...

No pumps and everything is insolated from all plumbing i.e. I have taps at every outlet/inlet this is the safest method I have come up with....

HDJ80
Canberra

Location: Canberra | Registered: August 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post