BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel Politics    How to Conquor a Superpower Without Firing a Shot
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to Conquor a Superpower Without Firing a Shot
 Login/Join

posted
China is crowded and it's population is increasing.
America is relatively uncrowded and it's population is decreasing.

China is conquering America.
First by driving it into debt and crashing it's real estate market, while accumulating large amounts of American dollars by selling the American sheeple disposable crap they don't need. China will buy-up American properties at bargain basement prices with those dollars, then move their wealthy and upper middle class to America as the baby boomers shuffle off to retirement villages.

By mid century, or sooner, China will occupy and control America and will have conquered it in the aisles of MalWart without ever firing a shot.

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Anarchist Moderator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by john galt:
America is relatively uncrowded and it's population is decreasing.

Not sure where you got this "fact."

The United States population is increasing, i.e. more people here every year. According to the 2009 CIA Factbook, US growth rate is 0.98%, while PRC has a growth rate of 0.47%.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L...pulation_growth_rate

But why let facts get in the way of a good argument, eh?

Got Renewable Fuel?

Location: Moncure, North Carolina | Registered: April 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Trouts:
But why let facts get in the way of a good argument, eh?

Exactly right, don't ya know, Bob. White and Black populations in the U.S. are reproducing at below-replacement rates, which is to say those populations are shrinking. The primary population growing -- and growing at a terrifying rate -- is Hispanic, a vast majority of which landed on these shores illegally. Of course, their hordes of anchor babies are legal U.S. citizens, at least for now, and many will spend a lifetime suckling at the government teat. With net contributors to the system dwindling by the day, one wonders how long the house of cards will last. Having bumped the debt ceiling just this week at nearly $15,000,000,000,000 -- I'm going to go with "not long."

More concerning and perhaps more immediately relevant: "When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - attributed to Benjamin Franklin

Cheers, John

posted Hide Post
quote:
"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - attributed to Benjamin Franklin

Quite possibly, no truer words have ever been spoken.

Location: Southern WI, USA | Registered: May 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
White and Black populations in the U.S. are reproducing at below-replacement rates, which is to say those populations are shrinking.

That's exactly the point I was making. The population of true Americans is shrinking and the population of illegal immigrants is rising.

More importantly is the fact that China will buy-up properties and move their population in, somewhat legally as landowners, and quickly produce anchor babies where they won't be restricted by China's one child policy.

Another quote of equal relevancy from the same era as Ben Franklin's:

quote:
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy , always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.

Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage.
Attributed to ALEXANDER FRASER TYTLER, LORD WOODHOUSELEE. Unverified.

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's exactly the point I was making. The population of true Americans is shrinking and the population of illegal immigrants is rising.

Good to see you show your true colors at last.... Roll Eyes

EOD

Location: Colorado | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage.

I love that one to. And sadly, I put the current state of USA affairs at the "apathy to dependence" stage. And at 235 years old, we are overdue.

Location: Southern WI, USA | Registered: May 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Americans have been giving their country to China with their preference for buying cheap disposable import crap instead of durable good quality "Made in USA" goods that employed their neighbors. Now their neighbors are unemployed, divorced, and their kids run in gangs doing B&Es to finance their drug habits.

The Chinese are doing the only logical thing with their glut of devaluing US dollars by purchasing US real estate, the only thing of value those dollars can buy. America did this to themselves. The current administration is only facilitating the economic unraveling and the sell off.

Anarchist Moderator
posted Hide Post
quote:

"True Americans"?

We have been a melting pot ever since our forefathers stole this land from arguably "true Americans."

Any argument that somehow the latest wave of hispanics differs from previous waves of immigrants is specious at best, and racist at worst.

How about legal hispanics, are they "true Americans"?

If not, who are the "true Americans"?

Got Renewable Fuel?

Location: Moncure, North Carolina | Registered: April 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any argument that somehow the latest wave of hispanics differs from previous waves of immigrants is specious at best, and racist at worst.

If you can't make a cogent argument, call 'em racist. Ad hominem attacks -- that's specious.

The country had, and has, a legal path to citizenship. Some follow it, most do not. I welcome those that do, and would gladly expel those that do not. Otherwise, why have the laws at all? (I regret that I must note for Bob that the question is rhetorical.)

Cheers, John

Anarchist Moderator
posted Hide Post
dukegrad

You really should read a bit more carefully as well as look up the meaning of ad hominem.

I labelled the argument potentially racist, not the person.

Or is calling JG's argument based on race "racist" somehow upsetting to you?

Got Renewable Fuel?

posted Hide Post
quote:
who are the "true Americans"?

obviously those who got their citizenship legally.

Of course this 'racist' BS is just a feeble red herring to distract the discussion away from the significant points which many are incapable of digesting or understanding. If they could then America wouldn't be in this mess.
People generally get the government they deserve; the very best that greed and corruption can buy.

posted Hide Post
Don't waste your breath, JG.

posted Hide Post
quote:
How about legal hispanics, are they "true Americans"?

Absolutely.

quote:
If not, who are the "true Americans"?

Plain and simple: anyone who followed the legal path to citizenship.

My aunt immigrated from Canada, she can ABSOLUTELY NOT STAND all the talk of basically giving away citizenship to those who entered illegally. She says, "I put up with the months of BS to complete every last little d@mn thing they asked for to legally immigrate. So should everybody else who wants in!!"

Anarchist Moderator
posted Hide Post
I am in total agreement with you, Ryan.

I took exception to the statement that the US population is shrinking, and I'm not sure that illegal immigrants are counted in the number - they probably don't participate in the census.

I don't support illegal immigration, period.

But this was not the position taken by the OP. He stated:

quote:
White and Black populations in the U.S. are reproducing at below-replacement rates, which is to say those populations are shrinking. The primary population growing -- and growing at a terrifying rate -- is Hispanic, a vast majority of which landed on these shores illegally.

If the argument is based on legal vs illegal immigration, I have no issue, it's the framing of the issue based on race that I took exception to. This type of thinking leads to racial profiling, something I don't support.

Got Renewable Fuel?

posted Hide Post
quote:
I took exception to the statement that the US population is shrinking, and I'm not sure that illegal immigrants are counted in the number - they probably don't participate in the census.

Fair enough. I'll clear up the misconception that we don't count the illegals for you:
http://online.wsj.com/article/...332950796281832.html

You're quite correct that our overall population is growing, and it's clear that the majority of that growth is Hispanic. Whether our citizenry is growing is a bit harder to say. The vast majority of immigrant feet hitting the soil are illegal, and very few bother obtaining citizenship (editorial: why would they?), so no citizens there. Yet every baby they make on our soil is a citizen, though there's a very real question about what rights an "anchor baby" has until he or she reaches the age of 18.

Studies very clearly indicate birth rates that equal a shrinking non-Hispanic population in the country, but I haven't bothered pulling up a source for the well-accepted fact before now... The US National Center for Health Statistics indicated back in 2005 that the birth rate in the U.S. for Whites was about 1.8, and for Blacks was about 2.1 (but remember that, from the 2010 Census, Blacks are about 13% of the total population, while non-Hispanic Whites are about 65%, so the combined 78% non-Hispanic community is still shrinking as a whole). I suspect that in the intervening half-decade, given the economy and other factors, the situation has become even more pronounced. Perhaps someone else feels like finding the latest numbers.

quote:
If the argument is based on legal vs illegal immigration, I have no issue, it's the framing of the issue based on race that I took exception to. This type of thinking leads to racial profiling, something I don't support.

This conversation has nothing to do with racial profiling. If we're talking about birth rates and how a population is growing or shrinking, I don't know how you avoid race as a category, and the accepted labels that go along with that. The facts to me are objective, as are the attendant labels; the fact is that the overwhelming majority of illegal immigrants are Hispanic.

Separately, a good argument could be made that we use "Hispanic" because those individuals are offended by being called "Browns." However, I am not so bored or insecure as to insist that anyone enforce a category of Anglo-American or German-American for me... White works just fine.

I suspect that something in this fact-laden post will again result in my being labeled a racist. Readers can be sure I won't lose any sleep over such an empty accusation; in a twist of what some might see as an irony, I practice quite a bit of civil rights law.

Cheers, John

Anarchist Moderator
posted Hide Post
How about if we call "real Americans" those who are here legally, and then there is no disagreement or need for racial discussion.

So the OP's contention that the population of the US is shrinking is not correct? That was my point in my initial response - no racial rhetoric required.

Got Renewable Fuel?

posted Hide Post
We can easily apply your preferred definition to the original post and preserve its correctness: the population of real Americans is, in fact, shrinking. It is also correct that the number of humans within our borders is increasing.* So I guess you two are even now?

I'm not sure which of my facts you have confused with "racial rhetoric;" I did my best to make my above post very clear, simple, and race-neutral. I don't know how you expect people to discuss groups without assigning some kind of label to them; the vilify it as racist is nothing short of absurd.**

Cheers, John***

* Is "humans" a term that will alienate or offend anyone, Bob? I don't police that. Perhaps I should use the label Earthlings, though that's undoubtedly going to upset the little green men on Mars. We had to start calling them Martians because they hated "Greens."

** I hear that Letters are just about ready to wage all-out war on Numbers, being that Numbers are continuing to increase at an exponential rate while Letters have historically exhibited remarkably stagnant population growth...

*** A real American, and a White guy, also often labeled a native Texan, posting with tongue firmly in cheek, who enjoys factual documents rife with footnotes, that is currently very tired of pointless discord on the forum. Time to trade the computer for a pair of work boots and my construction site -- see you guys tomorrow.

posted Hide Post
BEWARE THE YELLOW PERIL!

The Chinese are coming, the Chinese are Coming.
Lock up your women and children.
I think the Chinese plan on buying Disney Land and then shipping it back to Beijing.

quote:
Originally posted by john galt:
China is conquering America...
First by driving it into debt and crashing it's real estate market, while accumulating large amounts of American dollars by selling the American sheeple disposable crap they don't need. China will buy-up American properties at bargain basement prices with those dollars, then move their wealthy and upper middle class to America as the baby boomers shuffle off to retirement villages.

By mid century, or sooner, China will occupy and control America and will have conquered it in the aisles of MalWart without ever firing a shot.

Location: Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You seem to be confusing race with ethnicity.
When someone talks about White and Black they are usually talking about race.
However when you talk about Hispanics, the people who's reproduction rate you find so terrifying, you are talking about ethnicity. More than 50% of Hispanics are "white"

I bet when you say Hispanic you are thinking about the "Frito Bandito"

quote:
Originally posted by dukegrad98:
Exactly right, don't ya know, Bob. White and Black populations in the U.S. are reproducing at below-replacement rates, which is to say those populations are shrinking. The primary population growing -- and growing at a terrifying rate -- is Hispanic, a vast majority of which landed on these shores illegally.
Cheers, John

Location: Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post