BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  General Biodiesel Discussion    bay area biodiesel supply
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

bay area biodiesel supply
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone know what happened to Bay Area Biodiesel Supply the online biodiesel shop?

posted Hide Post
Link says "store is closed"

Location: western new york | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hmm.. re-opening?

posted Hide Post
Reese
-if your looking for supplies, try StormanNorman at Nebraska BioPro. he has alot of Gooood stuff. Tom

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Biotom,

" I don't know what I don't know until I know"
1994 GMC 6.5 Tubo 2005 Dodge ram 3500, 3 VW's 2000, 2002, 2005.

Location: Manitoba Canada | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that is an Eyeopener. So the home of "Blather and Wag" is Nebraska BioPro. I wonder if it is made by Springboard.
What would you logically expect a business called Nebraska BioPro to have as the first item listed for sale on their web site?

I wonder if the home of "Bubble and Squeak" is another BioPro dealer.
quote:
Originally posted by Biotom:
Reese
-if your looks for supplies, try StormanNorman at Nebraska BioPro. he has alot of Gooood stuff. Tom

posted Hide Post
quote:
Now that is an Eyeopener. So the home of "Blather and Wag" is Nebraska BioPro. I wonder if it is made by Springboard.
What would you logically expect a business called Nebraska BioPro to have as the first item listed for sale on their web site?

I wonder if the home of "Bubble and Squeak" is another BioPro dealer.

Not sure what "Blather and Wag" is. (Nor "Bubble and Squeak") I assume some products related to soap making, or else an inside joke that I'm not privy to. Not made by Springboard, though. Springboard does not currently make any products related to soap making.

Galen Bowen
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Springboard Biodiesel, LLC
Technical Blog:
biodieselisgood.com/tech

Location: Chico, CA | Registered: March 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agrenergy:
Springboard does not currently make any products related to soap making.
Yeah, the way things are going it kind of looks like you are in the wrong business.
Now I have had a real good look through the Nebraska BioPro site and the only reactor they sell seems to be an Appleseed. Why would Nebraska BioPro not be selling BioPros.
That is like like Rowe Ford selling Chevy's.

posted Hide Post
A few of these little online shops seem to have closed. They nice little odds and ends which were helpful

posted Hide Post
-Wow so a little plug for Nebraska BioPro has turned into a slug fest!! Eek, how disappointing. I stand by my original post, I have visited Norman twice, and IMO he is great guy. He does have all those so called carcinogens (you know the same ones that are in tooth paste and bar soap you buy from Wally Mart!) that can be added to the soap making process if that’s the path you choose to go down. The bottom line is, it is a personal choice, if I want to make soap with more lather, a different color, harder or softer, or any fragrance, the products are there. The choice is MINE, the choice is YOURS. I don’t understand the pea brain thinking that one is RIGHT and one is WRONG.
-The name calling does nothing to advance either camp, so can we agree to disagree, or just admit, there is more than one way to make GOOD soap from the discarded byproduct from the transesterfication process.
-If your looking for syringes, beakers, pipettes, molecular sieve, ceramic for the distillation column, cf type tubes for 3/27, KOH and so on HE has it. Tom

Location: Manitoba Canada | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Cheers, John

posted Hide Post
quote:
The bottom line is, it is a personal choice, if I want to make soap with more lather, a different color, harder or softer, or any fragrance, the products are there. The choice is MINE, the choice is YOURS. I don’t understand the pea brain thinking that one is RIGHT and one is WRONG.
-The name calling does nothing to advance either camp, so can we agree to disagree, or just admit, there is more than one way to make GOOD soap from the discarded byproduct from the transesterfication process.

Well said Tom and I agree 100%!

Cheers,
Jon

Location: Wellington County, Ontario Canada | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does anyone know what happened to Bay Area Biodiesel Supply the online biodiesel shop

Is anyone going to answer the QUESTION???

Location: western new york | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
So far I haven't seen much info relavent to the question.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heatbeater:
quote:
Does anyone know what happened to Bay Area Biodiesel Supply the online biodiesel shop

Is anyone going to answer the QUESTION???

They, like Biodiesel barn, and others were simply opportunistic resellers. If you noticed they never sold things that involved dedication. Bay Area used to peruse UBD (or so it seemed) and then source and sell popular items. When Graydon put a new item up, it would appear in Bay area in a couple weeks. The store has been out of stock on many items for a long time, the easy money went out with the lowering of fuel prices.

Graydon and I have stuck it out, supporting the industry and sourcing the new products requested by our loyal customers, and developing and marketing new applications for testing. We appreciate the kudos when we do receive them, but we are in this because we are biodieselers, not opportunists. I am sure that those out here who are always looking for an excuse to smack us around do not have the slightest idea of what it takes to run a business, much less one that requires continued updating because the scenery is constantly changing. I have to go to Maryland next month for two days to attend a seminar to renew my authority from the DOT to ship Haz Mat and dangerous goods. Flight, motel, rental car, seminar fees--none of that costs anything--why should I have to make a profit?

As I said, we are in it for the long haul, stocking quality products at a decent price and trying to keep ourselves educated.

A tidbit for you--Years of research has gone into a pour point depressent for bio fuels. The UK has had one, but the EPA would not approve it for use in this country because of ingredients. One has been developed and just gained EPA approval. I have it in house and will be conducting tests because I happen to have access to a walk in freezer as well as biodiesel. The owner of the patent recognized UBD and NBP as having the best venue for marketing and has offered an exclusive distributorship for the US market. Let's hope it is all it's cracked up to be. And don't even ask those questions, I will have no answers.

Norman

Location: Lincoln, NE | Registered: April 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Norman
-well said, you have to be in business to understand the total cost involved in supplying any item.
-I will be interested in the results of your cold piont tests, may have to add that to my shopping list for my next trip south. Tom

posted Hide Post
Norman Thanks the reply. I'm glad there are a few suppliers still in business for the homebrewer.

posted Hide Post
Norman, Can you explain what you mean when you said "If you noticed they never sold things that involved dedication."

So the situation is that only your company and Utah Biodiesel Supply are reputable dealers. The others are "Simply Opportunistic Resellers" who should be avoided. I offer you my kudos for sorting that out for me.
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNorman:
They, like Biodiesel barn, and others were simply opportunistic resellers. If you noticed they never sold things that involved dedication. Bay Area used to peruse UBD (or so it seemed) and then source and sell popular items. When Graydon put a new item up, it would appear in Bay area in a couple weeks. The store has been out of stock on many items for a long time, the easy money went out with the lowering of fuel prices.

Graydon and I have stuck it out, supporting the industry and sourcing the new products requested by our loyal customers, and developing and marketing new applications for testing. We appreciate the kudos when we do receive them, but we are in this because we are biodieselers, not opportunists. I am sure that those out here who are always looking for an excuse to smack us around do not have the slightest idea of what it takes to run a business, much less one that requires continued updating because the scenery is constantly changing. I have to go to Maryland next month for two days to attend a seminar to renew my authority from the DOT to ship Haz Mat and dangerous goods. Flight, motel, rental car, seminar fees--none of that costs anything--why should I have to make a profit?

As I said, we are in it for the long haul, stocking quality products at a decent price and trying to keep ourselves educated.

Norman

posted Hide Post
The White Knights of biodiesel supply! Big Grin Razz
Jon

Location: Wellington County, Ontario Canada | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Sorry for delayed response to my own thread, I was out of town for easter weekend.

Thanks for reply storman.. only reason I was curious where they left off to was that they had a good section on their site for heaters, PID's, thermocouples, relays etc which I do not see on any of the other Biodiesel supply stores. Politics aside, from my experience i had ordered almost something from almost everyone. As each had their own unique items and competitive pricing on similar items. I guess the next best option would be to start a "McMaster Carr" of biodiesel supply which would be like a warehosue of anything you could imagine.

posted Hide Post
Reece,

I'll second your point about Bay Area having some unique items. Hopefully the "white knights" will take notice and stock some of the things we mention. I think Bay Area is where I got my NPS fitting for an in-line heater. (Joe M has these at Rilla BioFuels, but he sells the whole in-line heater.) Bay Area also sold me the "Big Boss Buck" steel funnel I used to fab my cone bottom tanks. (I think that item was originally for a deer feeder, but it worked well for my settling and drying vessels.) I had to go to ebay for a PID/thermocouple/relay setup. You'd think one of our retailers here on the forum would stock those. I don't think anyone is offering venturis or a good braided acetone based hose for transferring BD from one tank to another. (B100 Supply used to have those.) I have had good service from all of the vendors mentioned above as well as UBD. I haven't seen anyone here who has cornered the market on "dedication".

"mixing up a bunch of magic stuff"

Al

2005 Jeep Liberty CRD - B25 - 100
2005 Ford F250 6.0 - B25 - 100
Kubota BX 2300 - B25 - 100
Kubota BX 1860 - B25 - 100
5KW Generator Set - B25
Lopi Republic 1250 - Glycerol/Sawdust Logs
Bath and Laundry - Glycerine Soaps

Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post