BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  General Biodiesel Discussion    2005 Chevrolet Kodiak

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2005 Chevrolet Kodiak
 Login/Join

posted
Hello, I recently had my Dodge 2500 stolen after a couple years with B100 and unless recovered I most likely am in the market for a new truck. A 2005 Chevrolet Kodiak with a Duramax is on the market in my price range. Does anyone have experiance with this vehicle . MPG on Bio etc.. Any information is helpful.

Thank you.

Location: Bosque Farms, NM | Registered: August 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. A few facts on the Kodiak: It has either the LRY at 210 hp or the LRX at 300 hp. 5 speed allison. I don't know about what kind of MPG it delivers on BD. HTH Smile

Blessings. Joe 1999 Chevy Suburban w/new optimizer 6500 TD and 1995 Chevy Cube van 6.5L. WWW.RillaBioFuels.com
WWW.RillaBioFuels.com

Location: Sterling Hts. Michigan USA | Registered: October 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 2002 2500 silverado with a LB7 duramax. I have not had any problems with it concerning BD. I ahve recently replaced my injectors and am about to do my heads. All of which have nothing to do with BD. The only problem I have had directly related was a fuel leak in a high pressure fuel line that released BD into my engine compartment. Before I realized it all my hoses were melted. I replaced them for about 100$ and a day worth of my time. I get the same milaege as when running diesel. Duramaxes (lb7) have issues with injectors and inj cups (my problem and yours if you get 01-04 lb7 engine). Never run without good filtration and always keep a spare and know how to change it. My friend has a 03 ford expidition and he gets 2 mpg better when running B50. I have ~60K on my truck running b100 with occasional dino fillup.

02 duramax, bio since 04/08

Location: St Pete Florida | Registered: December 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joe_M:
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. A few facts on the Kodiak: It has either the LRY at 210 hp or the LRX at 300 hp. 5 speed allison. I don't know about what kind of MPG it delivers on BD. HTH Smile

He said it was a duramax engine. your talking about the older ones. The 01-currnt have duramaxes.

02 duramax, bio since 04/08

Location: St Pete Florida | Registered: December 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hootep:
quote:
Originally posted by Joe_M:

He said it was a duramax engine. your talking about the older ones. The 01-currnt have duramaxes.

He is also talking medium duty truck (Kodiak). They have DMaxes in them too, just not the same ones as in your pick up. The info I quoted him is correct. And I said nothing about the 7.8 liter 6 cyl. Duramax. Smile

Blessings. Joe 1999 Chevy Suburban w/new optimizer 6500 TD and 1995 Chevy Cube van 6.5L. WWW.RillaBioFuels.com
WWW.RillaBioFuels.com

Location: Sterling Hts. Michigan USA | Registered: October 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post