BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  General Biodiesel Discussion    biodiesel as a fuel for BOILER

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

biodiesel as a fuel for BOILER
 Login/Join

posted
i am supplying a client with bio to use in his boiler. i would like to know, do i have to give him washed bio? he used unwashed bio before with no problem, but just to avoid any damage i would like you guys expert comment.
Attached is a pic of the boiler

ImageBoiler.jpg (47 Kb, 23 downloads)

posted Hide Post
We ran a small boiler for a greenhouse for 5 years on B100, half of which was on demethed and settled and the other half on settled only. Mind you it was settled for a week or so before use, so a lot of the residual glyc had dropped out, and what was left didn't seem to have any negative effect.
Some of the large commercial boilers can run KOH based glycerine with the methanol still in it without a hitch.
The higher the percentage of biodiesel the more you will have to adjust the fuel/air mix and perhaps chrome paint the inside of the gun so the CAD can recognize the flame.

HTH

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree, a boiler will consume it. but don't put methanol laden fuel in your engine. And I must add,,, That is a very nice looking boiler system!

Location: Bioville Ohio | Registered: June 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have run a lot of home made and high power burners on Straight Veg.

https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?o=U

As long as the glyc is only a small part of the over all fuel mix, it will go straight though just fine. There is a LOT of heat value in Glyc. You do just have to have a hot flame / environment to get it to burn but once it does, lot of energy to be had.