BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  General Biodiesel Discussion    Best bio fuel for carbon monoxide

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best bio fuel for carbon monoxide
 Login/Join

posted
Hi there
I have looked myself online and can find the answer
I want to know which bio fuels produce the lease emount of carbon monoxide
As this is for an indoor heating system

Thakns

posted Hide Post
If the burner is adjusted correctly there should be NO hazardous levels of CO in the exhaust with any fuel. Besides ALL combustion products should be vented outside, always.

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the burner is adjusted correctly
Please give me info?

But different fuels give of different levels of CM

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by john galt:
Besides ALL combustion products should be vented outside, always.

This -- no matter what fuel you are burning. If your concern is environmental, that's one thing -- but with CO, safety is the primary issue. Vent the system correctly and then properly install a detector as an added layer of warning/protection.

When it comes to installation and fine adjustment, if in doubt, this is an area where you probably should hire a pro.

Cheers, John

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ian Armer:
If the burner is adjusted correctly
Please give me info?...

Like John says, get a professional burner mechanic to tune the combustion system.

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
its a paraffin lamp/ heater running on alcohol in a van with A whole in the floor and a hole in the roof and a carbon monoxide alarm just for luck