BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  General Biodiesel Discussion    101 Uses For Biodiesel
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

101 Uses For Biodiesel
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Makes a beautiful flame-thrower...

-Graydon

Utah Biodiesel Supply - Biodiesel Supplies, Parts, Kits, Tutorials, Decals & More
Utah Biodiesel Supply Blog - Tutorials, Articles, Pictures, & New Products!
Free Biodiesel Tutorial Videos - Learn to make Biodiesel through videos!
Utah Biodiesel Facebook Page - Stay up to date on all things Biodiesel!

Location: Utah | Registered: October 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
55 Gallon rat trap....

Have one open top drum with a small bit of WVO/glycern in the bottom.... 2x4 ramp from the ground to the top of the drum.... Rats crawl up and jump right in. Its like a death bath for them.

Have caught 10 so far!

My 4x4 Website: http://www.4wheeling.ca

Location: Vancouver Cananandanada | Registered: June 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the flamethrower pics are awesome, i dont know why i didnt think of that haha

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4Wheeling:
55 Gallon rat trap....

Have one open top drum with a small bit of WVO/glycern in the bottom.... 2x4 ramp from the ground to the top of the drum.... Rats crawl up and jump right in. Its like a death bath for them.

Have caught 10 so far!
NICE!

I prefer the 85gal CONE OF DEATH Squirrel falls in & can't get out. The BD preserves quite well. The wife didn't like the fact I used the kitchen tongs to fish him out with!

ImageSDC10882.JPG (6 Kb, 33 downloads) squirrel

Location: NH | Registered: October 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About a week ago I started doing something called Oil Pulling. It's an ancient Ayurvedic Medicine technique that has been recently validated by science: no red flags on the scam boards.

Anyhoo, knowing that biodiesel is a powerful solvent, I'm thinking of whipping up a batch with ethanol vs methanol and trying that instead of the pure sunflower oil I'm using now. Maybe I can cut the time (spent swishing the oil in my mouth) with E. biodiesel to 5 or 10 minutes instead of the 15 minutes required when using sunflower oil.

(early reply - yes I'm serious.)

News and Views www.dailypaul.com

Location: Green Bay, WI | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More like leg pulling.
Be sure and let us know how swishing BD works out.

Graydon, would you call that a hand held Babbington?

Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: September 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I've added to my take! Two mice in a 1qt mason jar with about a cup of gly. in it!

Location: NH | Registered: October 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since I think I've tested all the uses posted here so far for biodiesel, I've been working the WVO side. Believe a bio-super glue has good potential to be the next big hit.

For all your burned up WVO or settled out water and crud not worth saving, here is a few I can recommend.

Pothole Filler: Mix 2 parts gravel, 1 part sand, 1 part well settled out WVO crud. Fill hole and sun bake until dry. 3 year study on my road says !!WINNER!!

Bio-Asphalt/Dust Control: Fill a supper sucker tank with 50% unusable WVO & crud, add equal part water, while maintaining a good vacuum, slightly open bottom valve to allow bubble agitating for 30 minutes. Generously spray contents over gravel or dirt road surfaces and let the neighborhood traffic spread evenly. Will harden road surface to asphalt quality in about a week.
NOTE: Warn the neighbors "you like" to wash residue off vehicles within 24 hours... This use was officially approved by our cash strapped township lacking money for dust control. We currently have a waiting list for recipients.

Automotive Undercoating: A mix of "Bio-Asphalt" and dirt discovered completely by accident after driving through the freshly applied compound listed above. Once applied to a vehicle and left to harden longer than 48 hours, we have found no chemical that can penetrate this new undercoating.

Cool

-Ken

Recycling & Green Fuels Research: www.altfuelsgroup.org
Ozone Eating Toys For Big Boys !!: www.suncoastexotics.com
Carefully Maintaining A Carbon Neutral Footprint...

Location: Southeastern Ohio | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Paintbrush cleaner.Especially effective with oil based paints. Best results when paint is still fresh

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Floor cleaner Confused Mad just spilled a whole batch 150 ltr on the shop floor @@@@@@@ EekTom

" I don't know what I don't know until I know"
1994 GMC 6.5 Tubo 2005 Dodge ram 3500, 3 VW's 2000, 2002, 2005.

Location: Manitoba Canada | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gday,I have used bio as a wood preserver and on the wooden floor of our shearing shed.regards westwinds

Location: NSW west of the blue mountions | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kenr34:
Automotive Undercoating: A mix of "Bio-Asphalt" and dirt discovered completely by accident after driving through the freshly applied compound listed above. Once applied to a vehicle and left to harden longer than 48 hours, we have found no chemical that can penetrate this new undercoating.

E-85 should take it off. It works pretty good on the dry hardened WVO residue on the outside of my storage barrels. Straight ethanol would work just as well.

Ken

Location: Sellersville, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
My daughter put tint on the brake lights on her car. She has already had several accidents and I cannot afford any more. Took some bio and dissolved the tint right off. i was surprised because it had already cured. How long will it take this stuff to dissolve my engine block???

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.

Location: northwest Ind | Registered: July 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am planning to use it as a repalcement flame on my gas/kerosen fridges. Have to invent a safe and reliable delivery system as wicks are not working well with BD. I have no grid power on my block.

Transesterificare Nunc Saponificare

Location: Outback Cairns, Nth Queensland | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You should try the British army 12 field cooker. With a very simple modification it burns buiodiesel cleanly with a blue flame. They tun up quite often on ebay for 70-120 GBP. Very economical and totally reliable. See more details under " biodiesel for heating" in this forum.

Location: Lismore Ireland | Registered: November 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well this afternoon my daughter came to me with gum in her hair. I told her "wait till your mother sees this". I was picturing a little girl with a clump of hair missing. My wife suggested we try some biodiesel and wouldn't you know it, the gum came right out. 5 minutes later she was good as new with all her hair. Smile

Location: West Texas | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice! I have to keep that one in mind...with a 2yr old and a 5yr old, its only a matter of time before gum (or something else sticky) ends up in somebody's hair...

Location: Southern WI, USA | Registered: May 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well Drilling Fluid

Use unseparated BD Methanol Soap Glycerin. One Quart makes up a 500 gallon mud pump pan. Replaces bentonite, and polygell.

Pipe Thread Lube

Use straight BD with your threading machine. (similar to metal lathe use)

Location: Pensacola Florida | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
In the running for most ridiculous use yet, not to mention most expensive (at around 1000x the cost of retail biodiesel):

http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/ev...=656109504#656109504

Kumar Plocher
Yokayo Biofuels
Yokayo Biofuels Facebook page
.........../ \..............
fueling / R \ evolution since 2001
'''''''''''''/____\'''''''''''''''''''

Sustainable Biodiesel...

Location: Ukiah, CA USA | Registered: September 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got an Buggy with a VW Beetle motor. Started to cough and splutter and suspected dirt in the carburettor. Added half litre of bio to the gas tank and problem solved, purring like a kitty again Big Grin

Land Cruiser 4.2tdi, Figo 1.4tdci,
W123 240d

Location: Bottom tip of Africa, Port Elizabeth | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post