BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  General Biodiesel Discussion    Almost Heaven!

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Almost Heaven!
 Login/Join

posted
On Oct 12 I was in a head-on collision that should have punched my ticket to Heaven. I think the huge 10 wheeler that crossed the center lane was jealous of my Nissan's biodiesel future. After 30 minutes of unconsciousness and delirium I was able to give directions to nationals with ropes and pry bars to get me out. I was finally freed after two hours. A missionary doctor made a splint out of the offending truck's grill and I was thrown into the back of a police pick-up to be bounced off to the hospital. I had a cleanly broken upper left leg and a collapsed lung. After 17 days in the hospital with my just arrived copy of Girl Mark's book I'm now back home to finish healing up.

The attached picture is of my truck after the dash and steering column had been pulled out 2 feet to free me. I awoke with my seat belt fastened, my back to the driver's door and both legs mangled and pinned between the dash and the seat. The steering wheel was against the seat back.

Please pray for me as I continue to heal and re-adjust my life priorities.
Thanks - Mike

ImageTruck.jpg (81 Kb, 83 downloads)

Location: Philippines | Registered: August 29, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a nice experience Mike.
The best of luck to you and best wishes, mate.

Location: Queensland, Australia | Registered: October 02, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Apparently, God is not quite finished with you, or you would be exploring the capabilities of your new perfect body in heaven. We will pray for the complete and speedy recovery of your present body.

Finest regards,

troy

Location: north america somewhere close to the midwest, or not | Registered: May 29, 2004Report This Post

posted Hide Post
I wondered why I hadn't heard from you. Now I know.You are on our prayer list. Sorry to hear of the accident but glad you came out alive. Heal well , and completely.

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
If you would have been in a smaller vehicle, we would be reading your obituary. Thank GOD you were wearing your seatbelt. Being a Firefighter/Paramedic here in the U.S. I have seen some pretty hairy accidents, I tell you this because you were LUCKY to "walk" away from the wreck with your life. You are in my prayers and thoughts-heal well my friend.

Ian

Location: Waco, Texas | Registered: July 14, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
It is such an encouragement to know you guys are praying. Thanks. Yes Troy, I long for the day when I will begin to explore all the cool stuff in Heaven.

During my stay in the hospital they determined I needed to be sliced into and have my lung sac stitched up. A pretty major surgery I guess. Before surgery, I visited with my wife and kids and got prepared for the possibility of awaking to a whole new world. But when I woke up on the operating table they informed me they had not gone through with the surgery because it was no longer needed! I would have been happy with God healing me via a surgeon's hands but the Personal touch from The Great Physician was pretty awesome.

Thanks again,
Mike

Location: Philippines | Registered: August 29, 2005Report This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Manila Mike:
During my stay in the hospital they determined I needed to be sliced into and have my lung sac stitched up. A pretty major surgery I guess. Before surgery, I visited with my wife and kids and got prepared for the possibility of awaking to a whole new world...

Thanks again,
Mike

Yup! When I went in for a lobectomy of the right inferior lobe (removal of the lower right side of the lung) due to a cogenital defect (birth thing) I was sudenly propelled into coming into contact with my mortality. A soul searching experience, nodoubt. Happens more when you go in standing up than on your back though, I assume.
Glad you made it through.

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Report This Post