BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  General Biodiesel Discussion    You know your a Biodiesel Nut when....
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You know your a Biodiesel Nut when....
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
when you go to the car after work and there is a bag full of use vegtitable oil hang from your side view mirror or tail pipe and no body wonders why. happens about once a week.

05 vw golf 17k on b-100
fuopec

Location: angier | Registered: June 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
when your door bell rings at 8:30 am and a neighbor has 20 cubies of used cooking oil on the back of his truck. Says he can get more if I can use it.

Location: Virginia | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
You guys have good neighbours Big Grin

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
when you call a sub order in and they put extra napkins and four cubies of oil on the side

05 vw golf 17k on b-100
fuopec

Location: angier | Registered: June 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
when you can't throw away any glass jar that has a lid.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fuelfarmer,

posted Hide Post
When the kids make biodiesel as a expieriemnt in lab and you collect it all up at the end and take it home.........why waste it!!

Location: Central New York | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
when you have a substantial collection of used Jam Jars and Lids and you Don't Eat Jam Eek

Location: New Zealand | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can find a biodiesel "sample" in your car that can be used to "repair" scratches that you dog put in a hotel room door. Novel use of biodiesel? I think so!

You tell a State Agency that you will take a "shot" of biodiesel to prove to them that it is not toxic like "diesel." (Actually did that.)

Location: CO, CA, KS, or FL | Registered: January 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
You tell a State Agency that you will take a "shot" of biodiesel to prove to them that it is not toxic like "diesel."

NICE!

Location: Southern WI, USA | Registered: May 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lfiasche:
When the kids make biodiesel as a expieriemnt in lab and you collect it all up at the end and take it home.........why waste it!!

They did that to me at my first biodiesel course I attended!! they took all the 300mL samples out and dumped it in his truck and generator!

posted Hide Post
When you stop your wife from pouring half a cup of cooking oil in the rubbish and tell her that it will get you 1km down the road. Every little bit helps Smile

Johnno
4WD Isuzu Jackaroo 3.1 110,000km on WVO 2 tank home built system 6 solenoids. Mk. 8 version.

Location: South Oz | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
when you see this lid on your homemade jam......

2014 Sponsor

posted Hide Post
When your wife, who has never actually made any fuel, knows more about it than the average foolmeister owner.

Funny dog story...
I had a guy come to my home to drop off some glycerin. He was also carrying several open-top drums of WVO and they were splashing and leaking all over the back of his truck. I didn't realize he left a 2ft diameter puddle on my driveway since it was dark when he left. My beautiful 3 year old yellow lab found the WVO puddle and rolled in it.

When she came back to the house, it looked like she was wet from taking a dip in the pond. Big surprise when I went to pat her on the back..

Here we are three weeks later and my wife says she can still smell the veg oil when she hugs the dog.

www.MurphysMachines.Com
The best Do-it-Yourself Construction Plans on the Internet!
Waste Oil Heating - Biodiesel Systems
Biodiesel Pumps Made In The USA

posted Hide Post
Ok I hope I am not the only one that tell if the batch is good by the taste

2006 Duramax, B100 200k Acadiana Biodiesel
US Army Retired
He that can have Patience, can have what he will
- Benjamin Franklin

Location: Hill country, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a saucer of biodiesel next to my car, our cat came out and lapped up the lot, then proceeded to tear around the garden like a banshee. Suddenly came to a stop, dropped down in front of me.
Dead?
Nah. Ran out of fuel. Wink

Location: Cape Town | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great, I hope to soon have all of your problems, can't wait.

Dave

84 MB 300D Turbo Diesel
98.5 Dodge Cummins 5.9
96 B7100 Kubota

Location: leavittsburg,Ohio | Registered: September 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
when watching breaking bad you reconise the chemicals and equipment Smile

Location: meath/ cavan | Registered: April 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When watching Dirty Jobs: Down Under and they dump a whole 55lb bag of potassium hydroxide into a tote full of dead cane toads in order to recycle those toads into fertilizer...you comment to your wife that you could put that KOH to much better use making fuel, though it is certainly caustic enough to dissolve cane toads, too. Razz

Location: Southern WI, USA | Registered: May 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

2014 Sponsor

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan P.:
When watching Dirty Jobs: Down Under and they dump a whole 55lb bag of potassium hydroxide into a tote full of dead cane toads in order to recycle those toads into fertilizer...you comment to your wife that you could put that KOH to much better use making fuel, though it is certainly caustic enough to dissolve cane toads, too. Razz

Ya.. I saw that episode.. They said they were turning the toads into fertilizer because they have lots of nutrients in them and they were high in Potassium....

Then they dumped a bag of KOH into the box... Ya.. high on potassium, I'm sure they are....

www.MurphysMachines.Com
The best Do-it-Yourself Construction Plans on the Internet!
Waste Oil Heating - Biodiesel Systems
Biodiesel Pumps Made In The USA

posted Hide Post
When you find yourself sitting in the kitchen sniffing jam jars of used veg oil.....
...and knowing by smell what restaurant they came from Roll Eyes

Location: County down, Northern Ireland | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post