BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  General Biodiesel Discussion    Want to start biodiesel plant in California, bay area

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Want to start biodiesel plant in California, bay area
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,
I am Vedula. i live in Caifornia, SF Bay area.

1. I want to start bio diesel production as a small scale industy.
2. Are there any small scale production units in this area?
3. Waht is the cost involved?
4. Are there any ready buyers for biodiesel?

Please help me in whatever way you can?

Thx,
Regards,
Vedula.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by srvedula:

You want to start a small-scale industry business, and yet you want us to do 100% of your homework for you? Doomed to failure from the start. Here's how I can help: Google is your friend.

If you want a short answer to your question, you're pretty much wasting your time. Here's some of the work done for you: http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=how+c...+in+San+Francisco%3F

Cheers, John

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dukegrad98,

posted Hide Post
I you have the start-up capital needed (0.5M to 2M, the scale i'm experience with) depending on whether you are buying or leasing property, then contact me. I'm busy puting together a 3M gal per year plant in San Diego right now, however in a year or so we will be ready to start another, and San Francisco doesn't seem like a bad place.

Location: CO, CA, KS, or FL | Registered: January 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vedula,

The biggest thing to consider is feedstock. Where are you going to get all your oil? I can tell you that the San Francisco bay area is probably THE MOST competitive area for used restaurant fryer oil in the country.

-Kumar

Kumar Plocher
Yokayo Biofuels
Yokayo Biofuels Facebook page
.........../ \..............
fueling / R \ evolution since 2001
'''''''''''''/____\'''''''''''''''''''

Sustainable Biodiesel...

Location: Ukiah, CA USA | Registered: September 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2013 sponsor
posted Hide Post
I just ran across a fabricator here in the South who has a 500,000 gallon biodiesel plant available for about 25 cents on the dollar. Brand new, all stainless steel... only needs a boiler. But, as others said... secure your feedstock first. The "experts" in the South talk about the 'good old days' of the biodiesel industry being two or three years ago.

You may want to follow David Blume's approach on small scale (up to a million gallons) ethanol using locally available feedstocks and sold locally. The key is to find a way to make money on everything your hand touches along the way. No such thing as waste... only things we haven't figured out how to place a value on yet. David wrote the book "Alcohol Can Be A Gas" and puts on seminars on permaculture and ethanol production. Small can be more profitable than big. Not easy... but very possible.

2002 F-250, 7.3l on WVO since '04
'82 VW Rabbit diesel 1.6l na
'83 GMC 6.2l Class C RV
'85 F-350, 6.9l flat bed
'85 E-350, 6.9l cube van
2 Mercedes 300SD's
3 Chinese Changfa-style diesel generators- 12kw, 8kw & 7.5kw
Mitsubishi 3 cyl diesel generator/light tower
Kubota 2 cyl. diesel, water cooled air compressor
Onan 12.5kw air-cooled diesel genset
I run my company entirely on renewable energy including electricity from generators running on biofuels.

Location: El Dorado, Ark | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dukegrad98:
quote:
Originally posted by srvedula:

You want to start a small-scale industry business, and yet you want us to do 100% of your homework for you? Doomed to failure from the start. Here's how I can help: Google is your friend.

If you want a short answer to your question, you're pretty much wasting your time. Here's some of the work done for you: http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=how+c...+in+San+Francisco%3F

Cheers, John

Thank you John for your frank opening statement Smile

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HelpingHand:
I you have the start-up capital needed (0.5M to 2M, the scale i'm experience with) depending on whether you are buying or leasing property, then contact me. I'm busy puting together a 3M gal per year plant in San Diego right now, however in a year or so we will be ready to start another, and San Francisco doesn't seem like a bad place.

Hi Helpinghand,

Thank you very much for your response.
I read so many articles etc. on biodiesel making etc.
I think funding is o.k.
Do you know if there are any consultants who can help with me project report etc.

If possible give me your contact info so that i can contact you.
My personal email id id srvedula@yahoo.com

Thank you,
Regards,
Vedula.