BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  General Biodiesel Discussion    Washing BioDiesel..

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Washing BioDiesel..
 Login/Join

<Cold Foot>
posted
Im new @ washing B.D. and after running the bubbles
to it for about 7 hours i stopped theres soap floating on top of BioDiesel is this normal?
and should I strain it off or let it settle
and saying to the bottom..
any help or personal techniques like how long you let it wash for and how many washes
would be appreciated

Mike fssalaska@yahoo.com

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Shaun,

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you have any luck with those aquarium stones you use? Mine seem to fall apart on me. I am waiting for some pneumatic exhaust silencers. I have never had any soap float on top and I don't think it will settle. I would drain the water, add fresh water, and continue with your bubblewash and see if that helps. What wash cycle are you on?

Location: Florida | Registered: June 30, 2005Report This Post
<Cold Foot>
posted
Hi dieseldan

The wash Cycle is #1 but i have already change the water and it cleared ride up there was a lot of white soapy residue or whatever in the bottom of the barrel...
I got a couple hundred gallons WVO from Denny's
and it was pretty bad don't think I will use their oil anymore there was a lot of water and crap in it
.. I love this new filter i found at a hardware store here in alaska for filtering oil before its processed...

Report This Post
<Cold Foot>
posted
O yes the stone's
the air stones are holding up fine so far

I have to post another photo ,, sorry
but I have to do it I jumped into this biodiesel
all the way I started about a week ago Smile

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice pictures. What micron is your filter? What did your oil titrate at? If it is really bad oil, you might want to try an acid-base method. I have doing the ISU method and have had good results.

Location: Florida | Registered: June 30, 2005Report This Post
<Cold Foot>
posted
dieseldan

The filter is 40 micron
it stops most of the crap in the wvo
i also filter my BD before it gose anywhere
that filter is 3 micron

Report This Post