BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  General Biodiesel Discussion    gasoline in oil tote

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

gasoline in oil tote
 Login/Join

posted
I accidentally poured about a quart of gasoline in my VO tote (about 240 gallons).
IS there any danger of an explosion when I heat the oil in my Appleseed processor? I put about 1/4 cup of the oil (after mixing it in the tote) in my firepit, and could not light it with a match.

posted Hide Post
PS--I use a single 110V heating element--the lower one.

posted Hide Post
That is aprox 1 liter in 908 Liters.. Let it sit for a couple days and see if the petrol floats. Personally I wouldn't worry about it.

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The petrol will likely boil out of solution when the reactor heats, so one would want to ensure that the reactor tank was correctly vented to carry the vapors to the outside of any building it might be in.

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post