BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  General Biodiesel Discussion    We're in the wrong business

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We're in the wrong business
 Login/Join

posted
LOVAZA the amazing biodiesel pill. $1.13/gram.

(click above image to go to the website)

So, apparently GlaxoSmithKline did the testing and found that biodiesel made from fish oil could resolve some of the problems faced by people with "high triglycerides". I found this out from an ad my wife Sunny showed me in the latest National Geographic. I think I'm going to frame the ad and put it on my wall.

Also, I think there's an opportunity here. We could make the vegetarian version from the most popular plant in my county of Mendocino. Appeal to a whole new market. Call it...

(alternatively, "ONELOVAZA")

After all, hemp IS high in Omega 3! And on an almost-semi-quasi-serious note, after crushing the seeds for oil, we could conceivably use the rest of the plant as feedstock for cellulosic ethanol to provide the other key ingredient in this, um, drug.

Kumar Plocher
Yokayo Biofuels
Yokayo Biofuels Facebook page
.........../ \..............
fueling / R \ evolution since 2001
'''''''''''''/____\'''''''''''''''''''

Sustainable Biodiesel...

Location: Ukiah, CA USA | Registered: September 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
After all, hemp IS high in Omega 3!

Hemp oil is not only high in Omega3 but it is the single most balanced of all comestible oils in Omegas 3-6-9. Hemp is also the highest concentration of protein of any plant source. Although hemp a member of the canabis sativa family it lacks the main ingredient, Tetra-Hydra-Cabinol (THC), that classifies it as a controlled substance. The US declaration of independance was reputedly originally written on parchment made of hemp fiber.

Manitoba Harvest has over 6,000 acres of hemp and their site is loaded with all kinds of information about it and it's benefits, none of which are hallucinogenic.

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Legal Eagle:
quote:
After all, hemp IS high in Omega 3!

Hemp oil is not only high in Omega3 but it is the single most balanced of all comestible oils in Omegas 3-6-9. Hemp is also the highest concentration of protein of any plant source. Although hemp a member of the canabis sativa family it lacks the main ingredient, Tetra-Hydra-Cabinol (THC), that classifies it as a controlled substance. The US declaration of independance was reputedly originally written on parchment made of hemp fiber.

Manitoba Harvest has over 6,000 acres of hemp and their site is loaded with all kinds of information about it and it's benefits, none of which are hallucinogenic.

The only kind of hemp that I've ever tried that was hallucinagenic was the kind that had other stuff in it

posted Hide Post
I hope they don't try and get a patent on biodiesel now as they do with every other drug conceived. That could be and interesting, guess I'll keep cranking out the "Generic".

On the Hemp oil, I looked at purchasing some out of Canada for testing last year. The price for five gallons along with shipping was enough to change my mind. But I did discover it has a relative short shelf life before it becomes rancid. Even then, it was still well above what anyone could afford for making fuel.

Anyone ever hear how the guys in Utah "I think it was" who filed suit against the DEA to gain an exemption for growing Hemp came out? Last I read they were heading to the state supreme court.

Kumar, I'd be hooking up with some guys out there in Humboldt County for a supply of seedstock... Come this time next year you could be in a position to pick up on whole new supply of waste product for biodiesel if that little law change passes.

Cool

-Ken

Recycling & Green Fuels Research: www.altfuelsgroup.org
Ozone Eating Toys For Big Boys !!: www.suncoastexotics.com
Carefully Maintaining A Carbon Neutral Footprint...

Location: Southeastern Ohio | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw a PBS TV documentary a while back about folks on one of the U.S. Indian reservations fighting the feds about growing hemp, they kept getting hauled in to court but also kept planting/harvesting seed. Hope they hang in long enough to eventually prevail.

Location: fisher,illinois,usa | Registered: June 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post