BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  General Biodiesel Discussion    glycerine turned hard?

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
glycerine turned hard?
 Login/Join

posted
These are my first 2 batches . The one on the right is finished , the one on the left needs the glycerine drained .

I havent touched them in over a week , maybe 2.....so i decided to drain the glycerine and when i tipped the bottle it was one solid clump (shaped like the bottom of the bottle obviously) .

Is this from waiting to long to drain it , or somthing more?

ImagePicture_078.jpg (30 Kb, 25 downloads)

Location: Buffalo NY | Registered: August 22, 2005Report This Post

posted Hide Post
When using NaOH as a catalyst it is common for the glycerine to get hard after setting for a while. I get this all the time which is one reason I now use a seperate settling tank to the reactor. The settling tank also has a heating element installed. Also depends on the ambient temperature as to how fast it will harden.Sometimes it doesn't get hard at all.

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Report This Post