BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  General Biodiesel Discussion    Methanol Storage question
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Methanol Storage question
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Hi Murphy,
I am at the end of 7 days in the experiment and my bottle of methanol still weighs 897g.
Your estimate that "Assuming you have a pinhole opening, it would probably evaporate a coffee cup per week at 70degF.." is a long ways off.

As to my most recent question;"Assuming you are not leaving your methanol drum sit in the sun, how hot is the hottest the methanol in the drum will get?"
The answer is that the methanol in the drum will heat up as the ambient air temperature surrounding the drum heats. The methanol in the drum will not get hotter than the air surrounding the drum.

This brings us to the next point of contemplation when you said:
"Much more worrisome would be the evening cooling when the vapor flow through the pinhole reverses and it starts sucking in the evening air filled with moisture (dew)."[/quote]

The question;
Assuming most people have their drum of methanol under cover of some sort and do not leave their drum of methanol sit in the sun, when does the drum of methanol become cooler and start "sucking in the evening air filled with moisture (dew)"

A hint:
Look at the above answers

Location: ลึก ประเทศอินเดีย | Registered: March 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post