BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  General Biodiesel Discussion    Biomass Processing Plant for Sale???

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Biomass Processing Plant for Sale???
 Login/Join

posted
A company called FuelNJ is giving a demonstration next week at a local college in New Jersey. I visited their website, www.fuelnj.com, and it seems they are selling a "Biofuel Manufacturing Facility" (whatever that means) that can convert fats, oils, grease, plastic, alge, wood, coal and manure into 90% biodiesel, 7% gasoline (equivalent) and 3% ash, (which they say can be used for fertilizer).

I am planning on attending and hearing what they have to say. I don't really know what they are selling, but what questions should I ask? My first thought is taxes and registering as a "fuel manufacturer" with Uncle Sam. My second thought is that companies like this are expensive to build and probably never turn a profit, since they are so dependent on the price of oil.

Anyway, I was curious if anyone here ever heard of Fuel NJ and had some feedback on the biofuels business in general. Thanks!

2013 sponsor
posted Hide Post
Their website mentioned gasification. Sounds like a neat process. I've been involved in a few of these and the technology is real. The challenge is to get the technical guys to actually finish something and to keep the marketing guys to not sell too many before they are really working. Not a matter of IF it will work but when.

Waste Management is working to convert landfill gas into diesel. I know of one that uses chicken litter. I've worked mostly with wood chips but only on the gasification side. The guys with the PhD's did the conversion of a gas to a liquid. That process is called Fischer Tropsch... the original Hans and Franz. These were two German scientists who came up with the process of converting a gas into a liquid fuel. Franz Fischer and Hans Tropsch. It works... but getting it to work smoothly and efficiently is easier said than done.

Keep an eye on this company. They may make it big. I hope so... we need all the domestic and renewable fuel we can produce.

2002 F-250, 7.3l on WVO since '04
'82 VW Rabbit diesel 1.6l na
'83 GMC 6.2l Class C RV
'85 F-350, 6.9l flat bed
'85 E-350, 6.9l cube van
2 Mercedes 300SD's
3 Chinese Changfa-style diesel generators- 12kw, 8kw & 7.5kw
Mitsubishi 3 cyl diesel generator/light tower
Kubota 2 cyl. diesel, water cooled air compressor
Onan 12.5kw air-cooled diesel genset
I run my company entirely on renewable energy including electricity from generators running on biofuels.

Location: El Dorado, Ark | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like their going to be making alot of MANURE. Big Grin They're going to have to have a couple of different processes to convert the items you listed.

Location: western new york | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't get to the website. They came to the right state ,I used to live there. Pollution capital of the northeast. Just my opinion.

Location: western new york | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Waste Management is working to convert landfill gas into diesel

Maybe I am misunderstanding but that just sounds dumb; it is already natural gas, so why frig with it to make it into some other form of energy when it is fine as is and can be used to power up NG gensets for electricity etc?

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Waste Management is working to convert landfill gas into diesel.

Yeh, but the gov't will fund that kind of non-sense ,especially if you know the right people. Its a dirty laundry operation. Waste Management and the gov't go hand in hand

2013 sponsor
posted Hide Post
Actually, landfill gas is only about 50% methane. And, by conversion by the Fischer Tropsch process they can convert a gas into a liquid... a much more transportable fuel (diesel).

2002 F-250, 7.3l on WVO since '04
'82 VW Rabbit diesel 1.6l na
'83 GMC 6.2l Class C RV
'85 F-350, 6.9l flat bed
'85 E-350, 6.9l cube van
2 Mercedes 300SD's
3 Chinese Changfa-style diesel generators- 12kw, 8kw & 7.5kw
Mitsubishi 3 cyl diesel generator/light tower
Kubota 2 cyl. diesel, water cooled air compressor
Onan 12.5kw air-cooled diesel genset
I run my company entirely on renewable energy including electricity from generators running on biofuels.

Location: El Dorado, Ark | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post