BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  General Biodiesel Discussion    Will this two items(static mixer and sedimenter) help me with bio?

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will this two items(static mixer and sedimenter) help me with bio?
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

Im not from the US but I have a chance to have some stuff brought back to me, Since I have some trouble finding what I want relating to bio diesel where I am. I was looking at this two Items:

After de watering a batch down to 200 PPM and settling in a drum I am still finding milky and thicker liquid in the bottom of my 20 liter storage jerrycans(Any Idea on what might cause it?) I am thinking this one might help to catch anything that might settle out in the cars fuel tank?:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sedime...&hash=item27e9deb596

I am thinking to add this one for improved mixing while adding the methoxide:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/171772...e=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Is any one using it:

Any comments would be appreciated,

Thanks,

YTK

posted Hide Post
Trying again:

Does any one here uses a static mixer as an addition to a "regular" pump based processor?

Does any one use an on board pre filter or sedimenter?

Thanks

YTK

2014 Sponsor

posted Hide Post
If your pump is sized correctly, static mixers are useless.

How effective they are when used with undersized pumps or improperly designed systems is up for debate.

Size your pump correctly for your batch size and the static mixer is a hindrance.

www.MurphysMachines.Com
The best Do-it-Yourself Construction Plans on the Internet!
Waste Oil Heating - Biodiesel Systems
Biodiesel Pumps Made In The USA

posted Hide Post
Thanks Murphy,

I do need to look for a bigger pump, looked at you online shop ,Im not for the states but the info on how to choose the size of your pump is very helpful.

YTK