BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  General Biodiesel Discussion    Santa Pod's Alternative Energy Racing

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Santa Pod's Alternative Energy Racing
 Login/Join

posted
Santa Pod Raceway is running an Alternative Energy Event on Friday 23 April to show case the latest renewable energy road cars - including Biodiesel.

This will be a fun day out for anyone wanting to test and race for fun their Biodiesel car, more information can be found at www.aeracing.org or by emialing me at chris@santapod.com.

Also, entry and tracktime is completely free if you bring along an Alternative Energy Car!

Any questions are welcome.
Thanks
Chris

posted Hide Post
Transporting the V10TDI to the U.K. for the weekend will be cost prohibitive. Wink Good luck with the event.

Cheers, John

posted Hide Post
quote:

Sponsors Home Forums Hop To Forum Categories General Biodiesel Discussion Santa Pod's Alternative Energy Racing

I can understand that - thanks for the post though!

Chris

posted Hide Post
Hi Chris,

I'd like to participate again if I may.
Same vehicle as last time, similar fuel.

Plus I'd like to run a new vehicle, and running on a completely different fuel, I've not run it at Santa Pod before. Hope to have all ready in time for the event.

May I ask, what is the lowest 1/4 mile ET recorded as Santa Pod, and how many HP was the engine?

Similarly, do you know what is the highest HP engine ever run at Santa Pod, and do you know its ET?

Regards,

Graham

Rover 75 + Skoda Fabia on B100
http://www.graham-laming.com

Bicycle on G100 12,000 miles p.a. ( http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/GrahamLaming )

Location: UK | Registered: December 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Graham,

Thank you very much for the message and I'm pleased you're once again supporting this event. Also, it would be great if you were able to get a second vehicle working in time! I'll send you an email in a moment as Rick Cuthbert has just kindly given me your email address.

In answer to your questions I've had to ask around a little and I've found:

The fastest ever vehicle to go down the 1/4 strip was in 1984. A rocket car posted an unbelievable time of 3.58 seconds! It's power was immeasurable.

Regarding high horse powers today’s Top Fuel Dragsters are producing around 8000 HP, but again it's very hard to measure it because finding a dyno to use is incredibly hard if not impossible to find.

The fastest Top Fuel car was a few years ago measuring 314mph and a time of 4.703.

Thanks
Chris

posted Hide Post
quote:
The fastest ever vehicle to go down the 1/4 strip was in 1984. A rocket car posted an unbelievable time of 3.58 seconds! It's power was immeasurable.

Regarding high horse powers today’s Top Fuel Dragsters are producing around 8000 HP, but again it's very hard to measure it because finding a dyno to use is incredibly hard if not impossible to find.

The fastest Top Fuel car was a few years ago measuring 314mph and a time of 4.703.

What alternative energy are these vehicles using?

1992 F350 w/Cummins
2004 F250 w/Edge Platinum
both on B100

Location: Webb, MS | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The Alternative Energy Event is for any vehicle not running on fossil fuels, i.e petrol, diesel etc. Vehicles from biodiesel to solar to electric would be accepted.

More information can be found on the AE Racing web-site www.aeracing.com

Out of interest what car do you have?

Chris