BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  General Biodiesel Discussion    Use of biocides in oil prior to processing

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Use of biocides in oil prior to processing
 Login/Join

posted
Has anyone used a biocide such as Power services biocide to treat oil and then move it and start a reaction to convert to biodiesel fuel? Will the biocide interfere with the reaction in anyway when doing a base reaction or an acid/base reaction?

Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi David,
I am a newb to the brewing world so I cannot answer this question as of yet. But I hope to soon find out what the biocides do as I have about 1500 gal of spun WVO I’ve stockpiled from my years of running straight WVO. I put Power Service in most all my stockpile. So as soon as I get processing up and running I’ll be happy to post my results. (And I hope they’re not mortifying)!
Wish me luck...

Location: Central Illinois | Registered: November 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post