BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  General Biodiesel Discussion    Thanks for finding us

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Thanks for finding us
 Login/Join

posted
A Kindly Elf sent me. hehe
I have not really had much time to look around here. I wanted first to introduce myself and say, hey! My name is Brian Rodgers along with my wife Nell we are starting out with a 1981 diesel Peugeot 505, (needs some work) we traded PC work for and a Summers worth of research into alternative fuels under our belts. We are collecting equipment and supplies and are ready to fly our skills. Sitting on our kitchen table is our second 2 liter test batch which looks pretty good considering we were not getting it when we made the first one. On top of the not getting it we forgot to bring a scale home and had to guess at the weight of the lye. Whoops, but it was still good experience. We got to see the test mixer work. I made the mixer from a pickle jar with a microwave oven stirrer motor with a short piece of automotive antenna attached as the mixer. An airtight bushing made from composite washers from our plumbing supplies kit make the motor shaft through the top of the pickle jar work like a charm.
Onward through the fog.
We are having soo much fun learning this stuff.
Thanks
Brian & Nell Rodgers

Brian Rodgers

Home of the biodiesel drinking bears.
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2003 VW Jetta TDI
1992 Dodge Dually Cummins Peirce Arrow Dumpbed
http://www.outfitnm.com

ImageBi0diesel2.jpg (12 Kb, 56 downloads) second try

Location: Northeastern New Mexico | Registered: October 26, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Group, and a nice group it is.

Do your homework (keep reading, it's a gold mine), keep experimenting, ask intelligent questions, we'll do everything we can to make you successful.

Good luck, have fun, play safe!

troy

Location: north america somewhere close to the midwest, or not | Registered: May 29, 2004Report This Post

posted Hide Post
Welcome a-board :-) That Kindly Elf sure does get around eh? Good for him/her and good for you too for follwing up on his/her (!) invitation.(could've turned the lights on for the pickle jar shot though,ha!)Looks like you did it. This stuff is a blast (could be too if you're not careful with the methanol),and along with the laughs are all kinds of learning possibilities. They are usually accompanied by mistakes, hehe. Not really a mistake when you learn from it though, it's the learning curve. Enjoy !

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
wow, I've been avoiding the computer and havne't read the Evil List in ages- did I miss some drama (usually the reason a Kindly Elf intervenes...)?

Mark

Location: Pittsboro, North Carolina | Registered: March 07, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Boss, welcome back from the Dark Side

Your batch of biodiesel looks good.
For the easiest method of making mini-batches of biodiesel have a look at the
World Famous Dr Pepper Technique
(Pat Pend)

As I recall, you had some concern with the titration procedure on JTF.
Have a look at the World Famous Chopstick Titration Technique (Pat Pend)
I always try to keep an eye out for those people over on Keith's forum who are actually interested in making biodiesel.
A kindly Elf's work is never done.

Hello Mark
Just the usual drama, someone both silly enough to interupt Keith while he is solving the worlds ills and ask about biodiesel production, and pointing out some problems with the JTF site.
Unbelieveably, Keith actually made a change on his site.

Location: ลึก ประเทศอินเดีย | Registered: March 03, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
can you post the link to the Evil LIst's archives again so I can have a laugh? I lost my bookmarks when transferring over to another computer a couple of months ago.

Mark

Location: Pittsboro, North Carolina | Registered: March 07, 2001Report This Post

posted Hide Post
Hello Mark, Keith is kind enough to e-mail them to me
tryHere

Location: ลึก ประเทศอินเดีย | Registered: March 03, 2001Report This Post

posted Hide Post
And while we are getting up to speed:
http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4196.../402105039#402105039

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Just read through that link and all I can say is 'WOW' that guy was/is a fruitloop!

I haven't been doing this for long (biodieselling) and I must have visited that site at some stage but it is this forum that I have gravitated to. It answers my questions, and I have extracted virtually everything I have learned by using this forum. I ventured back to the JTF website the other day and simply read a lot of political stuff and criticisms mentioning names, which is not very professional for a webpage. Much of the information seemed to contadict itself, also.
After reading through that link if now becomes clearer as to why.

Also, I couldn't be bothered signing up to lists like his when there a good open forums like this one.

Location: Queensland, Australia | Registered: October 02, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you all. This feels much better. Yeah I can't even believe the venom that Keith spewed. We even apologized for the things we said and moments later he really let his dark side loose. Since someone wanted to see what transpired for a chuckle I will show you this. Made my day. The next day I was posting to the biodiesel forum at the tribes and one person wrote back with this:
Hi Brian.

It is a shame that Kieth Addison's list is still out there. The guy is a complete and incoherent psychopathic lunatic (I am being completely honest here as I was never under his personal attack but an observer to a mind sinking into paranoid madness) and has this last year gone off the deep end and self destructed his list as well completely destroying any shred of credibility with the Biodiesel community. We are not kidding when we mention the dangers of methanol poisoning and Kieth may be a prime example of the ongoing effects of neurological degeneration.

That said it was unfortunate you found yourself on his list trying to talk science and reason. It has never worked.

Titration is a very straight forward and simple process. We even encourage folks to have a titration kit that they can bring along to the restaurant and do a "tailgate titration" before committing to taking their oil.

A great site for all your info needs can be found at:
http://www.biodieselcommunity.org

Other yahoo groups started with the self immolation of the biofuels list are:

groups.yahoo.com/group/Biodiesel/

groups.yahoo.com/group/biodieselbasics/

Keep up the good work!

El Jefe de Biosmell
From: http://biodiesel.tribe.net/thread/4e6d8f9f-80be-49da-8e7d-840ec75db664?r=10456

So there it is, in a nutshell, so to speak.
I have been enthusiastically, ready the links you all have been exposing us to. I like the simplistic yet scientific directions for titration found at http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=447609751&f=719605551&m=857600061 & http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/719605551/m/9541092001
You all have it all going on, scientifically speaking, hehe.
Sincerely,
Brian Rodgers

Brian Rodgers

Home of the biodiesel drinking bears.
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2003 VW Jetta TDI
1992 Dodge Dually Cummins Peirce Arrow Dumpbed
http://www.outfitnm.com

Location: Northeastern New Mexico | Registered: October 26, 2005Report This Post

posted Hide Post
Yeah. Girl mark even did a thing called "Tankenstein" to encourage all us would be mad scientists =:-).