BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  General Biodiesel Discussion    Beware of scams

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beware of scams
 Login/Join

posted
I posted this in SVO forum.

I responded to this guy who posted on here and this is how it went. I wish I could scam him. Its soo obvious!

Dear Joe Wilson,

Thanks for your mail.

Yes will send you the sample as soon as we confirm the payment for the registration of your company with us.

Below here are details for you to use and send the payment of the 1000$ for the registration so that we can give you the form to fill scan and return back to us so that we can proceed immediately with the shipment of the sample.

Reciver`s Name: Donald Martins
Destination: Lagos Nigeria
Txt Question: What for
Txt Answer: Registration.

And send us the follow details immediately after your the payment is done so that we can proceed immediately.

Sender`s Name:.........
Sender`s Address:........
10 digit number MTCN:........

However we waiting to receive this as soon as possible so that we can proceed with the shipment of the sample and you will have to get back to us with your phone number to enable us talk with you on phone and you can always call us on this number +234-7033408911.

As for the product we have all this items Jatropha, soy, corn, all you have to do is to let us know the items you want so to enable us know the sample we are going to send for you.
We look forward for a good business transaction with you.

Regards,

Mr. C. Minguy
Director of Operations
Obaretin Estate
Km 22 Benin / Sapele Road
Ikpoba-Okha Local Government Area
Benin City, Edo State,Nigeria
Tel: +234-7033408911,+234 (0)54 342 394
prescoplc@live.com
www.presco-plc.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: prescoplc@live.com
Subject: Re: Veg Oil
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 18:17:09 -0400

OK, send me a sample. I need 1 litre. What kind of oil is it? Jatropha, soy, corn, ??????
My address is:

Attn Joe Wilson
----- Original Message -----

Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2010 5:02 AM
Subject: RE: Veg Oil

Dear Joe Wilson,

Thanks for your interest in purchasing our veg oil.

Yes we can supply your company as many quantity you want,we offer free samples but you will only going to pay for Freight fee to your doorstep maximum order-1,800 MT per shipment.

Samples Delivery Time is within 72hr packing in customer preferred method,

We will offer you the best price and best service in which you can be able to tell others more about our company after this first transaction.

First of all your company will have to pay for registration form before we proceed which is $1000 and also for sample, you will need to pay for freight fee which is $1000 before we can give you free sample and ordering from our company, you will need to send the $1000 to the company through western union money transfer to the company register staff,and once your payment has been confirm the staff will get back to you immediately with a form which you will fill and scan and send back to us before we can proceed on send you the samples.

If you have any Question you can reach me on this +2347033408911.

Waiting your reply back immediately,

Regards,
Mr. C. Minguy
Director of Operations
Obaretin Estate
Km 22 Benin / Sapele Road
Ikpoba-Okha Local Government Area
Benin City, Edo State,Nigeria
Tel: +234-7033408911,+234 (0)54 342 394
Tel: +32 (0)2379 9231
Fax: +32 (0)2379 9232
prescoplc@live.com
www.presco-plc.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: prescoplc@live.com
Subject: Veg Oil
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 14:00:17 -0400

Hi, Im in Tampa,florida, usa. Im interested in purchasing some veg oil.

Please give more info, like what kind of oil, what would shipping costs be, where is it, etc.

Joe

Hotmail: Powerful Free email with security by Microsoft. Get it now.

Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft’s powerful

02 duramax, bio since 04/08

Location: St Pete Florida | Registered: December 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is unfortunate, but any company from Nigeria or Ghana is 99.99% likely a scam.

And so the 0.01% "legitimate" companies get hurt by all the scammers. Are there any "legitimate" Nigerian companies?

I had to laugh last fall when these stories showed up in the news.
http://www.upi.com/Business_Ne.../UPI-54231251289670/
http://allafrica.com/stories/200908190798.html

You could always tell them that you have access to a bank account from a deceased Rich Nigerian who had no heirs, and you're working out the funds transfer of $1000 for the "free sample" plus an additional $1000 as a tip for expediency. However, you would like them to go ahead and ship the sample today... Actually... a 10,000 gallon tanker full would be nice. You're sure it will only be a few days before the funds clear from the Nigerian Bank Account.

One of the things I noticed from the last Nigerian ad was that they were claiming to be selling/brokering Russian, Iraqi, Saudi, Iranian, and Venezuelan oil; all being sold through Nigeria. Does that raise any red flags?

If you still want Nigerian Oil...

Try this one...
http://www.topix.com/forum/wor...an/T9HELGBU1C58GHHO5

You can purchase "Snake Oil" for $200 per metric ton which is actually cheaper than most other types of oil. Pure Rattlesnake or Cobra oil both make excellent biodiesel.

Location: Oregon | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The amount of info on the net on this so-called company is extensive, and very well put together for a hoax. There are two separate web sites, and they're really pretty.

However they were quoting ASTM D6751 (biodiesel) for extra virgin olive oil so there's a clue.

See how the folks at a volkswagon forum treated them. http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=627633 amusing read if you don't mind a swear word or two.

Location: New Zealand | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Yup, not everything that flashes and looks good is. If it has too much window dressing chances are the product isn't worth it.

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a chain in the archives from this website.

http://www.biodieseldiscussion...owthread.php?t=30106

And it was even from South Africa, and not Nigeria...

If the African businessmen spent as much effort on running businesses as they do on running hoaxes, then they would do very well.

<DCS>
posted
There was a story on the news on Friday night about Nigerian companies running scams selling cars here and the problem has become prolific very quickly.

They advertise a car ( often with a pic they lifted straight from the net) well below the going price. The phone number dosen't work so people email and are told the seller has left the country hence the need to sell the car which is now in another state. Once the car is paid for, they will have the vehicle transported to the buyer.

People pay Via Scammers friend... Errr, western union and are duly fleeced.

They caught one of the lowlifes who apparently was a middle man although he hadn't been long off the plane who claimed innocence in the bleating pathetic way they do. He should have been deported straight away.

The other scam they are running is the old one where they overpay for a car they are pretending to buy and then request the extra be sent back which if they are lucky happens before the victim realizes the cheque was a dud.

I actually have a guy mailing me atm obviously trying to run that scam. Doesn't seem to have noticed that I multiplied the price of the vehicle 5 times from the price on the ad when he asked what the lowest I would take for the vehicle was.
I'll string him along and see what I can think of to trip him up. I'd l;ove to get some details off him to pass onto the police but the whole filthy rotten country is so corrupt the cops there are probably the people he's working for.

Maybe I could get him to come to Oz so I could Show him the car personally. Like how you can't open the boot when your locked the inside even when the car has been driven down a boat ramp and is fast sinking or when it is parked outside on a good hot 45oC Aussie summers day. Mad

Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
There is an organized group that tries to get back at the scammers. Some of the stuff they do is hilarious. http://www.419eater.com/index.php

Ken

Location: Sellersville, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yuck...
I've purchased cars over the internet before... And one can always expect a few more problems with them than were disclosed. But... it is always nice for the vehicle to actually arrive.

I get hit by Nigerians on Yahoo Messenger periodically. An interesting lot.

One sent me a check... obvious forgery (where was the microprinting it said should be on it?). And, they probably somehow got a hold of a "real" check and just made thousands of copies of it. And, of course, there was always an attempt for me to purchase something and re-ship it to Nigeria before discovering the fraud.

I had one that wanted to have stuff shipped to my house, then have me forward it to Nigeria. It was ok until a pile of stuff started showing up at my house and I discovered that they were able to do on-line purchases supplying a valid (stolen) VISA number, but MY NAME AND MY ADDRESS as the billing address on the VISA. And nobody bothered to check. One of the businesses I talked to said that they paid a credit verification company that took the name and address and approved the visa. What is the verification???? Of course I sent everything back unopened. But, it was scary. The Nigerian was doing the transaction, but everything else had my name on it. Who's door would be the first one for the police to come knocking on?

We have these credit verification companies here in the USA... that export my credit information to India. I absolutely refuse to have any dealings with the companies, but unfortunately I can't control other organizations that send my personal info to them. I think it is a HUGE security risk. But... big American companies don't care about risking their customers well being if they have a chance to make a few more cents profit.

posted Hide Post
Jeez, I guess there is still one born every minute, if people don't know by now not to even respond to anything that originates from the African continent they deserve to loose the farm to some skinny squatting next to a solar powered laptop in a poop walled hut.

Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now now Fabricator, there are likely some very honourable skinnies squatting in poop walled huts.

The ones who do this are packed by the hundreds in the cities in offices loaded with computers and ordinary phones. They are at least partly westernized, it's a nine to five job for them, and it's big business.

Location: New Zealand | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paulus:
Now now Fabricator, there are likely some very honourable skinnies squatting in poop walled huts.

LOL, yeah there might be, but the honest ones can't afford laptops.

Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tell them you sent them a check for $5000.00 and could they please send you the $3000 difference immediately. Big Grin

Location: NJ | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post