BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  General Biodiesel Discussion    CA Road Tax Possible Change to Miles Driven

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CA Road Tax Possible Change to Miles Driven
 Login/Join

posted
Read in the San Diego paper the CA Legislature looking for 5000 "volunteers" to partake and collect data in using milage instead of paying the road tax when filling up at a gas station. Google it and read lots of info. I can see loads of problems for drivers. What will the e-cars pay? Who's going to collect the odometer readings - Smog checking stations? - car/trk onboard computer? Looks like we all will be paying road tax if this goes through.

posted Hide Post
Yeh, I remember reading about this issue at pimion. Fortunately, everything is ok as for now.

posted Hide Post
"Snake in the grass"... The politicians always throw out the hook in the water and see what (us) bites. Not much resistance from the public, then they go to the next step with more coverage for "educating the public". Again not much resistance from the public, they "our state legislatures start with a reading of the new "bill". It get some support from the other legislatures members, then it goes into law even with some resistance from us. I'm a prospector in CA and the state, Forest Service, EPA and Land Management agencies are killing my way of making a living.
'