BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  General Biodiesel Discussion    Rick's Link of the Day
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rick's Link of the Day
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Link appears faulty, Rick - seems to point back to this page.

Location: New Zealand | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2013 Sponsor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paulus:
Link appears faulty, Rick - seems to point back to this page.

Link repaired

Rick

Location: Cowboy Country | Registered: December 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rick, is enzymatic production within the scope of many home bio brewers?

Location: New Zealand | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2013 Sponsor
posted Hide Post
My opinion?

It's not something for home brewers at this time, but I think it has potential.

There was a time when dry wash resins were state of the art, and for a while, they were not feasible for home brewers either. Once the resins became available, homebrewers latched on and figured out how to make dry wash resins work on a hobby scale.

Rick

Location: Cowboy Country | Registered: December 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2013 Sponsor
posted Hide Post
Is the 2015 Porsche Cayenne Diesel approved for biodiesel?

http://www.edmunds.com/porsche...nne/2015/?sub=diesel

Rick

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RickDaTech:
Is the 2015 Porsche Cayenne Diesel approved for biodiesel?

This online manual suggests approval for the standard B5 rating, according to this link/manual:
http://www.porscheownersmanual...-engine-Fuel-quality

But note this Porsche publication that indicates B7:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t...m=bv.102537793,d.aWw

I read all of this as the usual "it's probably fine, with some reservations as percentages increase, but we don't want to deal with fuel quality issues and warranty claims." I would hazard a guess that standard DPF issues and presumably lube oil dilution issues likely apply.

I've never driven the Cayenne Diesel. A number of years ago, I enjoyed my VW Touareg V10TDI so much that I kept it and sold my gasoline Cayenne S. My V10TDI was a 2004 model pre-DPF car, which eliminated a lot of the issues with high biodiesel blends; indeed, it ran fine on homebrew B100. That was a great machine that I drove to over 100k miles, and only swapped out when I needed a truck for carrying and towing capacity. Been in my Cummins Dodge since, for 75k miles and counting.

Cheers, John

2013 Sponsor
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
In addition to your article another method not discussed is the two tank solution. Set up essentially like an SVO system except that an in-line heater just before the IP is not necessary. It is necessary however to set it up with a return line to the tank and not loop it. The reason? You want the excess hot fuel returning to the tank to help warm it up.

The best way to do it is by setting up two completely separate filters and fuel delivery systems, as this will greatly reduce the purge time required from miles to minutes.

I have successfully run a 2 tank system with B100 in the hot tank here near Montreal all winter with temps dropping in the -20C range with no fear of getting side lined due to a plugged filter or fuel lines.

No matter the cloud or pour point of the biodiesel when tested at a stand still the reality is that during travel the returning fuel will prolong this by heating up both the lines and tank.

And that is my nickel's worth.

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2013 Sponsor
posted Hide Post
Biodiesel Link of the Day
A different way to make biodiesel

Transesterification by Reactive Distillation for Synthesis and Characterization of Biodiesel

I've seen a few mentions of this process on the web. One of the references suggests introducing methanol at the bottom as a vapor. ?

Rick

2013 Sponsor
posted Hide Post

2013 Sponsor
posted Hide Post

2013 Sponsor
posted Hide Post
Methanol safety video

The University of Idaho has put out a new safety video.

Rick