BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  General Biodiesel Discussion    Do you pick up oil from McDonalds?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you pick up oil from McDonalds?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by timnmatty:
With oil that bad they might as well put deep fried ass on the menu!

They'd probably get a few more sales. I have been known to fry some ass deep on occasion.
That's a hard one to resist Tim.
Sorry guys couldn't help it. A few more glasses of cabernet and it may get worse.

Location: central virginia | Registered: March 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by timnmatty:
With oil that bad they might as well put deep fried ass on the menu!

I think that's the part they expect you to supply.

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Legal Eagle:

I think that's the part they expect you to supply.

That's the part you're expected to eat.

Location: central virginia | Registered: March 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own some Steers quick service restaurants, similar to Burger King. That is why I ended up making my own bio Smile

Just a few points on basic oil care. Temreture, tempreture, tempreture the no1 rule. Fryers must be set correctly and kept in check, all the time. Too high settings will destroy the oil in no time and product that is sold to the customer suffers quality. When potato chips are cut a chemical is used to keep the chips white and not go brown. Too mutch chip white makes the oil go black. Water is no good (dont need to tell any dieseler that) and care must be taken that the potato chips are dry before immersing it in the oil. The surface of the oil needs to be skimmed continiously. All the oil needs to be filtered once a day and the fryer washed and dried out.

Oil usually titrates between 5 to 8 koh when I get it, titrations are noted for each restaurant and discussed at meetings. Needless to say that all hell breaks lose when I find a drum of new unused oil put out with the wvo from one of my shops. I also get wvo from fellow franchisees and supply them with titration values, and surely once quite often, I do get a drum of new unused oil.

Health inspectors often do their rounds and take samples of everything at random (like testing for snail snot on lettuce Roll Eyes and so on) but in many years have never ever tested the oil.

Land Cruiser 4.2tdi, Figo 1.4tdci,
W123 240d

Location: Bottom tip of Africa, Port Elizabeth | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post