BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  General Biodiesel Discussion    Woohoo warm weather is here!! Time to start a new brewing season.

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Woohoo warm weather is here!! Time to start a new brewing season.
 Login/Join

posted
Well Guys,
Snow just melted here 2 weeks ago. I've been using the 3/4 Ton gasser with chains on all fours as a taxi to get to the car at the bottom of the mountain since late December. I just got to empty out the super sucker with 80+ gallons in it that has been a faithful companion on every trip up and down.
1. Been working on some processor mods getting ready to start brewing again this year. Adding in a water trap between the vacuum pump and methanol catch can for recovery.
2. Finally adding in dedicated electric service for the brewing shed. No more extension cords!!! Maybe. Smile You know how long it takes to recover methanol using a single 120 Volt element, even with vacuum??? Way to d@mn long.
3. Dedicated heating tanks.

Bring on the warm weather.
I'm envious of all you guys with heated space that process all winter.
Maybe that's another modification to make??? Another year.

Location: central virginia | Registered: March 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm envious of all you guys with heated space that process all winter

Yeah,tell me about it!!We did have some nice weather for over a week but now its getting crappy again.

Location: western new york | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The cold was a show stopper. No warm spell this year. We did not crush many soybeans this winter because the press is not in a heated part of the shop. Cold is not good for pressing oilseeds.

By next year, or next decade I hope to have a warm place to work, but then we will need to find a good exhaust fan. The dream/fun/work never stops.

Location: Virginia | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Winter?? What winter??? Cool

Tony

2002 Ford Excursion 7.3l
1983 Mercedes 300D
GL processor
You're not finished when you lose,
You're finished when you quit.

Location: Tampa, Fl | Registered: April 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tgomes:
Winter?? What winter??? Cool

Tony

Location: Virginia | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just cannot imagine life with winters like that. I would just shrivel up without the sun. Even in the most misrable cold front we seldom go below 10 degrees C. In winter we escape just 200km north that gets us out of the winter rain area in open country, chilly mornings with frost on the bonnet at -1 degree C, but then full sunshine and warm days.

Land Cruiser 4.2tdi, Figo 1.4tdci,
W123 240d

Location: Bottom tip of Africa, Port Elizabeth | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Just because it gets cold does not mean we don't get sunshine; we get lots of sun on cold clear days, and they happen frequently. The cold climate is our friend; it keeps the population from getting out of control. The hot parts of the world are overpopulated with irresponsible people too stupid to do anything but breed and eat.

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

My part of the world, just nobody out there Smile

Land Cruiser 4.2tdi, Figo 1.4tdci,
W123 240d

Location: Bottom tip of Africa, Port Elizabeth | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Breeding and eating sounds good to me-lol
Here in the UK our spring monsoon is underway,this is after the winter frozen monsoon.

Location: UK | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watch it Hannes, seems even your car got sunburn in that area. I presume you are the one taking the 'photo! Jim.

Location: Cape Town | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post