BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  General Biodiesel Discussion    Hope all is well

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hope all is well
 Login/Join

posted
Just checking in and dropping a link to a video about our farm that does mention biodiesel. We are still making fuel. Fuel volume is down a little this summer but I still have time to make a lot of fuel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNMncy-iS_c

Location: Virginia | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glen:

You have no idea how good this makes me feel. Regardless of where you are living, especially in the developed world, the demise of the family farm continues to be a serious concern.

What you have accomplished is nothing short of remarkable and should be a source of inspiration for the next generation of farmers. All too often we are seeing family farms being bought out by the factory farm corporate sector and unfortunately they are not following the environmentally responsible methodologies but rather the bottom line direction.

Over the past 5 years, one of the driving motivations of what I do is to try to keep the farmer on his/her own farm, using science and plain pragmatism. You have accomplished that in spades.

Good luck in your future endeavours.

Bill

91 Buick Roadmaster wagon, GM 6.2 diesel conversion (gone but not forgotten
89 GMC 6.2 (Just got rid of the last pieces)
84 Mercedes 300D (gone to the great autobahn in the sky)
94 Cadillac Fleetwood (Sold before I could convert it)

Location: Manotick, Ontario Canada | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FF, you kick ass, you are my hero man, if half the farm operations were run like yours is we'd all be better off, you walk the walk and talk the talk.
I'm still above ground, still making some fuel, but not as much with the pump prices so low, thanks for being the positive example people need these days.

Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I've said it before and Ill say it again; Rudolf Diesel is smiling as you have embodied the vision he had right from the concept of his compression engine.Well done.

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good to hear you're still making fuel, too. I just finished making about 900 gallons this past month myself. I still use waste cooking oil, though. I drove thru town after disposing of my waste glycerol at a dairy farm methane generator and saw that highway diesel is only $2.29/gallon.
Makes you wonder what the world is coming to?

posted Hide Post
Nice to see a few familiar names are still around!
I haven't checked in for awhile as my browser had a problem making it lock up when I visited this site so I stopped checking in...
I am still pumping out batches as usual.
Still using it for the primary heat in my home and shop. The Duramax has about 350000km on it and the Kabota around 600 hours and still going strong.
I secured some good sources of high quality oil and everything is tickety boo up here in Canuk land!
Cheers!
Jon

Location: Wellington County, Ontario Canada | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post