BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  General Biodiesel Discussion    Why 2007 & Newer ULSD Emission Vehicles Don't Like Biodiesel
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 33

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why 2007 & Newer ULSD Emission Vehicles Don't Like Biodiesel
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Whew...

Thank God I can scratch about 3/4 of those off of the list...

The likelihood that I'll ever see the following Diesels is quite low:

BMW, Honda, Jaguar, Kia, Lexus, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Subaru, Suzuki, Seat, Skoda, Citroen, Peugeot, and Renault

Oh...
And, what happened to the FIAT Diesels?

Oh, isn't it good to be in the USA, with the only "small" Diesel vehicle available being the VWs.

Location: Oregon | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok John,

We're missing:

FIAT & Subsidiaries, Chrysler, Toyota, Hyundai, Tata, and perhaps a dozen others that I'm not familiar with.

Unless you are talking about the Big Guys... Peterbilt, Mack, White, Freightliner, Caterpillar, etc.

FIAT certainly is up there in the top couple of manufacturers...

But, I think I read that since GM crushed their EV-1, and ignored the Hybrid technology they helped develop, and Toyota has been investing heavily in Hybrids, that Toyota has now surpassed GM as the #1 global auto manufacturer.

Again, I think several models like the Toyota Hilux, Landrover, Rangerover, etc... all have a Diesel option... just not HERE.

posted Hide Post
Preferred choice? what other test do you miners use for emissions on your diesels? I find that the Opacity test is inaccurate and outdated! If you ask me Cleair and other companies like it. have a stake and want there systems on all diesels.

1999 F-250 Running B-50 and getting over 24 miles per Gallon. and getting +/- 380 ftlbs of torque from modifications HA HA HEH! OOH! RAH! Semper Fi!

Location: Redding | Registered: December 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did the Chrysler corporation in the early 90s develop a Intrepid based hybrid using a 4 cylinder Diesel? Now there is a way to go! It had independent electric motors for each wheel. The diesel ran at idle acting as a generator! What happened to that! And if Toyota was so smart! How come they did not go that rout!!!

1999 F-250 Running B-50 and getting over 24 miles per Gallon. and getting +/- 380 ftlbs of torque from modifications HA HA HEH! OOH! RAH! Semper Fi!

Location: Redding | Registered: December 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustin:
Preferred choice? what other test do you miners use for emissions on your diesels? I find that the Opacity test is inaccurate and outdated! If you ask me Cleair and other companies like it. have a stake and want there systems on all diesels.
Why do you say opacity is inaccurate and outdated?

Location: Colorado | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did the Chrysler corporation in the early 90s develop a Intrepid based hybrid using a 4 cylinder Diesel? Now there is a way to go! It had independent electric motors for each wheel.

That reminded me of the 4x4 version of that, The Jeep Hurricane. It was based on 2 Hemi's with MDS (allowing 4, 8, 12, or 16 cylinder power), but I could see 2 4BT Cummins doing the job just as well. It did have one of the coolest drivetrains ever! 4 wheel independent suspension with independent steering.

Location: Southern WI, USA | Registered: May 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by UFO:
Why do you say opacity is inaccurate and outdated?[/QUOTE]
Think about it! It measures smoke density! We no longer need to use it. with exception to the Diesel drag racers most Power plants Today don't Smoke! It is the fumes that are being Tested and measured.

posted Hide Post
You know this quote system needs to be up dated. I can do better with a cut and paste.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan P.:
quote:
Did the Chrysler corporation in the early 90s develop a Intrepid based hybrid using a 4 cylinder Diesel? Now there is a way to go! It had independent electric motors for each wheel.

That reminded me of the 4x4 version of that, The Jeep Hurricane. It was based on 2 Hemi's with MDS (allowing 4, 8, 12, or 16 cylinder power), but I could see 2 4BT Cummins doing the job just as well. It did have one of the coolest drivetrains ever! 4 wheel independent suspension with independent steering.

That Jeep cocept was also Hydrostatic Drive. talk about crawl power.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by john galt:
quote:
Preferred choice?

yes

Uh! No! maybe you not me! however if they build the thing stem to stern in the states like Ford. I will definitely think about it! I mean every thin power plant and all! Roll Eyes

posted Hide Post
I hate my typing skills I meant to say every thing including the development and production of the power plant!

posted Hide Post
And It better look U.S.A all the way Cool

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Why do you say opacity is inaccurate and outdated?

Think about it! It measures smoke density! We no longer need to use it. with exception to the Diesel drag racers most Power plants Today don't Smoke! It is the fumes that are being Tested and measured.
But my "power plant" still measures on the scale. I got 2% opacity at 65 and 1% opacity at 55. What do you think should be measured?

Location: Colorado | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
But my "power plant" still measures on the scale. I got 2% opacity at 65 and 1% opacity at 55. What do you think should be measured?[/QUOTE]
As far as Colorado emissions you test what they test for. I live in California with strict laws on emissions. I test for NoX and other smog regulated Fumes. You should try a snap Idle test on your opacity. You might get some different readings. You may have some unburned fuel so check your fuel system and turbo if you have one you may need some boost to lower your numbers.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Preferred choice?

yes

Uh! No! maybe you not me! however if they build the thing stem to stern in the states like Ford. I will definitely think about it! I mean every thin power plant and all! Roll Eyes

The statement was about Toyota diesel '1/2 ton' trucks: "They're also the preferred choice in underground mines around the world for their low emissions." Don't twist things out of context for your agenda. N.American manufacturers don't even make a comparable product.

I once bought N.American vehicles, until they could no longer produce the quality I demand. Inadequate business models, greedy out of touch management and worker's unions.... it all adds up to failure in the marketplace.

John it is a known fact That the Number one Selling truck by numbers From 1/4 ton on up has only ever been the Ford Corporation. The number one selling power plant manufacturer by numbers has been the Cummins Corporation Ford owns 3/4 of the company. Now once again Toyota is fine. but you have not answered my question on your mining emissions test besides opacity what other tests do they conduct. Oh whats my agenda I did not know I had one!

posted Hide Post
www.autobloggreen.com/2006/11/...iesel-hybrid-in-2010
I eat my own words! OK Lets hear it John!

posted Hide Post
orums.motortrend.com/70/6543162/the-general-forum/toyota-tundra-diesel-
Here is another one John!

posted Hide Post
Crap! Oh well still made in Japan! This to will make the Diesel Market more competitive. Toyota is not dumb they want a piece of the truck market and knock Ford down A few notches if not strait to the bottom! I will tell you this Ford has always been in the forefront in truck technology including emissions. Unfortunately Navistar took a big hit to get them there. The F-150 will get 4.4l and F-250 and larger will get the 6.4l Dodge if they are not sold to TATA will put I-4 cylinder Cummins Diesel in the Dakota. If the Toyota gets a 6.0l V-8 built by Isuzu I believe they to wont warranty their power plants past B-5.

posted Hide Post
I'm surprised if they are running in a mine, they aren't running CNG (Compressed Natural Gas).

I believe that it can be run in either Gasoline or Diesel engines. Or, for that matter, pure electric.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Some manufacturers have given specific advice that the use of B30 biodiesel is not approved for use in their vehicles and state that it will invalidate their warranty.

The Magnuson Moss Warranty Act would beg to differ.

Location: Hampton, Va | Registered: May 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post