BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  General Biodiesel Discussion    running bio in 6.7 cummins

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

running bio in 6.7 cummins
 Login/Join

posted
I run b100 in a 6.0 powerstroke has anyone one run bio in a 6.7 cummins if so at what percent

Location: shinglehouse, Pa. | Registered: September 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The engine itself is, I believe, capable of any biodiesel blend. As is typical in the industry, I believe it is only rated up to B20 from the factory.

One issue is that the 6.7 engine came out right around the same time as a lot of emissions changes, so it's going to depend on which year/model you have. Does it have a DPF in place or not? Does it use urea injection or not? Is it a run-of-the-mill 2500/3500, or a cab-and-chassis? Has it been modified in any way? All of those impact your question in some way -- it's the ancillary items that have compatibility problems more than the engines, in most cases.

I have a 2011 Ram 2500 w/ Cummins 6.7. It has seen everything from straight pump D2 all the way to commercial B99, plus various random homebrew blends in between. 75k miles from new and counting, and never a fuel-related problem worse than needing to change the filter element. I change mine preventatively every 15k miles and have never been forced to deal with an impromptu roadside change, but I keep the right size tools and a spare element in the truck just in case.

EDIT: Found this link, about a 2014 model tested by a magazine on B20 --
http://www.trucktrend.com/cool...inal-gear-editorial/

Cheers, John

posted Hide Post
I heard that VW diesels have a recall and require a mandatory recall to fix a Nox issue that causes 40 times more Oxides of Nitrogen pollution than it was designed to produce, the fix is still under question, but it may impact fuel eco.. I believe that Bio is the solution, to get to the point is that you can run bio. just respect it and be careful in the winter, and don't let it set for a long time with b in the tank, Cummins love bio, but not poorly made bio.

Location: Bioville Ohio | Registered: June 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi cooper_farm,

quote:
Originally posted by cooper_farm:
I heard that VW diesels have a recall and require a mandatory recall to fix a Nox issue that causes 40 times more Oxides of Nitrogen pollution than it was designed to produce,... I believe that Bio is the solution,...
You are probably one of the few people who would think that bio is the solution to a NOX problem

Location: ลึก ประเทศอินเดีย | Registered: March 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post