Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

24 Valve Conversion
 Login/Join

posted
I have made a start on an album of photo's showing the progress of my 1998.5 Dodge Ram 2500 SVO conversion using components from PlantDrive at
http://good-times.webshots.com/slideshow/562665627fEoAWx.

I will be updating this album as the work proceeds.

I hope this is of interest to potential converters.

1998.5 24 VALVE Quad Cab 2500 SLT. BD Brake, Autoloc. PDR Stage 1 Trans, Triple Disc T/C, Valve Body, Billet Input Shaft, MagHitech Tranny Pan. Edge Comp. DD3's. PDR HX 35/14 hybrid turbo. 4" Diamond Flow Exhaust. Isspro Pyro, Boost, Trans. Temp. DiProcol Fuel Pressure, Gauges. Turbo Master. Silicone Boot Kit. FASS. BHAF/Outerwears Cover.

Location: Central BC | Registered: July 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice and clean, I'm impressed! Thanks for the info.

1982 Chevy Chevette Diesel (retired)
1984 Chevy Chevette Diesel (retired)
2005 Mercedes E320 CDI

Location: Arcadia, California | Registered: September 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More pictures added today. Progress!! Yipeeee!

1998.5 24 VALVE Quad Cab 2500 SLT. BD Brake, Autoloc. PDR Stage 1 Trans, Triple Disc T/C, Valve Body, Billet Input Shaft, MagHitech Tranny Pan. Edge Comp. DD3's. PDR HX 35/14 hybrid turbo. 4" Diamond Flow Exhaust. Isspro Pyro, Boost, Trans. Temp. DiProcol Fuel Pressure, Gauges. Turbo Master. Silicone Boot Kit. FASS. BHAF/Outerwears Cover.

Location: Central BC | Registered: July 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks nice, I'm gathering parts to convert my 24 valve now. I'll post pics when I start rippin' into it, gotta get through this winter first. Tigafila

posted Hide Post
More progress therefore more pictures posted!

posted Hide Post
Wow CC,

Impressive! Are you going to run straight WVO in a two tank system I take it? Just picked up my 98.5
yesterday, it's pretty tight still & has 167,000 miles. I would like to run a blend in my one tank.

I still have more info to collect. I'll keep checking out our progress. BTW pictures look great as well. Nice job on the wrenching & the photography!

Keep up the excellent work,
Dave

98 Dodge 24V 5.9 Turbo
Kubota small farm tractor
Heating house with a Wood Doctor outdoor woodburning furnace

Location: Leavittsburg, Ohio | Registered: March 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
anyone running a 24 Valve on 100% UVO?

daw (also known as daw_two on some forums)

1987 Mercedes 300SDL
2000 diesel Dodge Dakota Cummins Big Grin
1984 Mercedes 300D
1981 Mercedes 300D

Location: Memphis, TN (kind of) | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had issues running blends in my 2002 Dodge Cummins 24V, mostly related to fuel delivery pressures, I believe. I found in the summer it's ok to run 1/3 wvo mixed with 2/3 diesel fuel. No issues with that mix. I am on it right now and the engine runs normally.

posted Hide Post
Hi, I am running a 2003 24 vavle on 100% WVO. Have beening running since May 2008 here in Wisconsin. Have over 14,000 miles and running good. Even got to see how dependable my system was at -35 below with windchills well below -60 here last winter. No problems, oil temperature maintained 180 degrees. So, I am very confident the system I have put together is very dependable.

Everything is controlled with one rocker switch, electric delay timer, no cutting into trucks wiring. Everything plugs into the trucks OEM connectors which I was able to locate over time.
It took me 2 years to fab up my own HIH connectors that accomdate 1/2 aluminun fuel line but will worth the efforts. As for hose chaffing everyone talks about with key placement of hose clamps that is all negated. It is all about planning your system out before you take the first step.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtonhubcap:
Hi, I am running a 2003 24 vavle on 100% WVO. Have beening running since May 2008 here in Wisconsin. Have over 14,000 miles and running good. Even got to see how dependable my system was at -35 below with windchills well below -60 here last winter. No problems, oil temperature maintained 180 degrees. So, I am very confident the system I have put together is very dependable.

Everything is controlled with one rocker switch, electric delay timer, no cutting into trucks wiring. Everything plugs into the trucks OEM connectors which I was able to locate over time.
It took me 2 years to fab up my own HIH connectors that accomdate 1/2 aluminun fuel line but will worth the efforts. As for hose chaffing everyone talks about with key placement of hose clamps that is all negated. It is all about planning your system out before you take the first step.

do you have the plumbing side diagram of the wvo as i can t find anything on a 24 valve cummins

thanks