BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Diesel vehicles and other diesel equipment  Hop To Forums  Dodge Cummins    2003 24V Cummins. Should I convert to WVO?

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2003 24V Cummins. Should I convert to WVO?
 Login/Join

posted
Hi guys, you seem to be the experts, so here goes.

I have the aforementioned engine in my Dodge. I've been getting killed on the cost of fuel, as we all are, and am considering converting to WVO. I've been talking to a guy who will do a conversion for me. This would be an automatic system where it starts on regular diesel, and then switches to the WVO for driving. Then it automatically runs diesel at the end before shutdown. I think I understand that correctly.

Q:If this were your truck, would you get the conversion done?
Q:If YES, Are there any specific things I should make sure he does during the conversion?
Q:If YES, is there a specific brand that is known to be reliable with the 24 V Cummins of my era?
Q:If NO, would you get and convert an older 16V Cummins, or just live with the cost of diesel?

Other information:
I live in western Canada. In the winter it's a very cold environment, like -20 to 25C(-5 to -10F).

I have little to no knowledge in the diesel world, having rebuilt and tinkered with gas engines as a kid, so I would have to have a qualified person do the install, as well as any maintenance.

I live next to a city of a million people, so I'm fairly confident I can find sources of WVO.

Thanks all
Keith

posted Hide Post
No and Yes

I suggest you visit the Frybrid forum and search for your vehicle to review the experience of others who have tried with varying success.

If you lived in a warm climate you might get it to work for a while, but reliability and engine life would be impaired in a climate where it snows.

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post