BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Environment  Hop To Forums  General Environmental Discussion    Saving the Southeast Asian Rainforests

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Saving the Southeast Asian Rainforests
 Login/Join

posted
Hello,

I am posting this message to raise awareness of the importance of protecting the Southeast Asian rainforests. These rainforests are home to diverse plant and animal species, and play a significant role in the global oxygen cycle. Yet they have suffered severe deforestation, and are disappearing even at this moment. The predicament of the forests is due in part to a lack of public awareness. So to every one of you who is reading this post, I ask that you contribute toward raising awareness of the state of deforestation in the Southeast Asian rainforests, and the imperativeness of saving these rainforests. At the same time, you are encouraged to post your ideas on how to save these forests in this discussion. Your valuable ideas will greatly benefit toward completing the challenging yet possible mission of saving the Southeast Asian rainforests. Thank you!

If you want to learn more about the Southeast Asian rainforests, please visit this wiki: http://seasianrainforests.wikispaces.com/. It contains many sources of information, including a research paper, relevant websites and more!

posted Hide Post
I purchase no products containing lumber from SE Asian rainforests. It's not a problem I'm contributing to. Beyond that, there's not much I can do about it.

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every one is ready to contribute, just give some more ideas which every one can do.

Location: 7326 Bluestone Rd, San Antonio, TX | Registered: March 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, John, for not purchasing products made from lumber from the SE Asian rainforests. And yes, ralfboo, I agree that everyone can contribute to this cause. In my opinion, what we first need to do the protect the SE Asian rainforests is to follow John's example, and not contribute to the problem ourselves. In addition, we can also teach others about the dangers of deforestation, and ask them to support our cause. I also think it is a good idea to show our support to eco-friendly companies, thus encouraging all companies to pay attention to protecting the environment and the rainforests. If anyone else has other ideas on how to contribute toward protecting the SE Asian rainforests, feel free to share your brilliant ideas by replying!

posted Hide Post
No one really want to do this.But the true fact is population & human demand.Our population rate is almost twice /year..or may be more.

Location: 121Ave0 NationAve | Registered: May 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post